Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Narron use Santos??????!!!!!!!!

Why doesn't Narron use Santos??????!!!!!!!!

oh wait.

That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why doesn't Narron use Santos??????!!!!!!!!

Santos owned a 2.08 ERA in 13 games coming into tonight.

I don't quite understand Jerr Narr's infatuation with Coffey and his 5.52 ERA.

Quote Originally Posted by LINEDRIVER View Post

And he has an ERA over 5 for his career. Smoke and mirrors.

The real Santos showed up tonight. He's garbage.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by LINEDRIVER View Post

yes but Santos's WHIP was 1.5 indicating that his low ERA could be a mirage.

They fall in love with the radar gun.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Well.

a)I said During spring training Santos was garabage, to the tune of "but he does so well against Double a and single a players!"
    b)Coffee can only get better, or we hope so.
    c)Santos sucked for even sucky teams. It's telling when Pittsburgh and Colorado both let you go. Needless to say Texas and Mil.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

So many have been on Narron for using Stanton, oh wait...Coffey..who owns an ERA over 5, oh wait...Santos...whos ERA is now over 4 with no track record, oh wait...Sarloos, oh wait Coutlangas with a higher ERA as well, oh wait Cormier before he was DFAd, oh wait...Weathers...he is too old, oh wait...

Bottom line Narron has no good options and many want to run him down for every single decision. If any blame, WK put together some of these guys for decent money and they still suck. But Narron has little control over this.

I don't want to hear whinning about Coutlangus, Salmon, Coffee or any of the "young arms".

Its called growing pains.

Santo has a track record for sucking for every team save his rookie year for Detroit.

Stanton, track record for sucking.
    Cormier, track record for sucking.

Your right Narron doesn't have the best bullpen but guess what? Learn to make the best out of them. Other teams do.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    So many have been on Narron for using Stanton, oh wait...Coffey..who owns an ERA over 5, oh wait...Santos...whos ERA is now over 4 with no track record, oh wait...Sarloos, oh wait Coutlangas with a higher ERA as well, oh wait Cormier before he was DFAd, oh wait...Weathers...he is too old, oh wait...

Bottom line Narron has no good options and many want to run him down for every single decision. If any blame, WK put together some of these guys for decent money and they still suck. But Narron has little control over this.
    I agree with you. The Reds have a core of 6th-7th inning relievers. Most are unreliable. To contend we need a closer and a reliable 8th inning man.
    One of the Reds current crop could be the 8th inning man.
    Certainly Weathers has been solid since ~June 2006.
    I don't see any current Red being a closer in the near future.

I'm all for dumping guys like Stanton and Santos and giving guys like salmon more chances. Not like the current guys are doing it. If the young guys lose atleast we can start figuring out who can be reliable down the line. I want to see Burton come back up and see what he can do with more opportunities. I'm upset with what coffey has done this year, but he still has good stuff and should be good for us.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Doesn't look like the Reds have anybody who is coming up either except MAYBE Tyler Pelland who has the type of raw arm who can be even a setup man. We won't even think about that to next year.

The state of the Reds bullpen now and in the future is bleak, bleak and more bleak.

Krivsky didn't do himself any favors with "the trade" either.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Doesn't look like the Reds have anybody who is coming up either except MAYBE Tyler Pelland who has the type of raw arm who can be even a setup man. We won't even think about that to next year.

The state of the Reds bullpen now and in the future is bleak, bleak and more bleak.

Krivsky didn't do himself any favors with "the trade" either.
    We have some guys with above average arms we could bring up. McBeth and Medlock.

one outing for santos doesnt mean anything

Turn Off Ads?