Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 5-6 minor league updates

Re: Sunday 5-6 minor league updates

My guess it is because of Fisher's age. Though 9.00k/9 with a sinkerball pitcher is impressive.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fisher and Watson need to move up immediately, especially Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    My guess it is because of Fisher's age. Though 9.00k/9 with a sinkerball pitcher is impressive.
    I think its his age too, but he isn't as experienced as his age suggests, so it isn't really the advantage that it would normally be.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Drew Stubbs wins it with a walk off homer. Dragons win 2-1

Stubbs has homered in two straight games.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Stubbs has homered in two straight games.
    That's two more than Lincecum has hit all year

What's Dayton's record now?! I hardly remember them losing.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

How are some of you liking Stubbs now?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    show me some more brfore I'm convinced

Its nice to see Stubbs starting to show his power. That's the one thing that had concerned me so far this year. His ISOP wasn't terrible, but not great either, while the scouts did tout his power potential last year. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. That's the most important part with him, IMO.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He really SHOULD be murdering the competition at low-A. I'll get fired up when he makes it to Chattanooga, provided he isn't the second coming of Chris Dickerson like I think he is.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    He really SHOULD be murdering the competition at low-A. I'll get fired up when he makes it to Chattanooga, provided he isn't the second coming of Chris Dickerson like I think he is.
    I agree, CE. Both he and Watson are in Low A, not even High A. Though Watson has been lights out, I would like to see him move up a bit before penciling him into the '09 rotation. Not to take anything away from an unbelieveable start to '07.

It's like when a horse who's been running $50k purses drops down to a $5k claiming race. They should be performing well. No one could expect Watson to pitch even this well, but we are talking about 1st and 2nd round college picks playing with 19 year olds in many cases.

Considering Stubb's rawness, saying he "should" be murdering low A is probably a reach. He will need some adjustment. I would argue a good year in low A this year and a move into AA next year after beating around high A during the first 2 months of the season, would also be just as good.

Watson and Fisher both could stand to lower their h/9 some before they move up.

I notice that someone said Francisco had an RBI single. Looking at the box score, it seems that he left the game after being hit by a pitch in his first at-bat, and the RBI single actually belonged to the guy who replaced him. Anyone know Francisco's status?

Watson and Fisher both could stand to lower their h/9 some before they move up.
    Watson has a 42/3 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Sucky defense and luck are the only factors playing against his hit rate. It's time to move on.

Turn Off Ads?