Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sunday 5-6 minor league updates

Re: Sunday 5-6 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Francisco is actually leading the MWL in HR's as a 19 year old. Drew Stubbs is tied for 6th in the league in HRs.
    I like Francisco's swing the one game that I saw. He's look like he's got a real shot to be something. Of course, that is obvious by now w/ the number's hes been putting up at Dayton.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday 5-6 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I've only seen Valaika play one game, but its pretty obvious to my amatuer eye that he doesn't have the range to play SS, he's lacking for a Low A player, and I don't think his range can/will improve much as he gains experience. His future is likely at 2nd, though he might be put into a corner infield spot.
    I agree. Valaika was the DH yesterday, and I can't believe if he's an unbelievable defensive talent at SS that Donnie Scott would ever have him at DH. Stubbs, after seeing him in person, comes off more impressive than reading the box score. You have to see the game in person to understand how slick he is defensively. He gets such a tremendous jump on everything. Also, his HR to left to end the game was pretty sick, considering the wind was blowing in from right field at about 15 to 20 MPH. Nobody else hit anything close to the warning track all day.

Turn Off Ads?