Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Narron officially on the "hot seat."

Narron officially on the "hot seat."

According to John Fay's blog, anyway.

On Narron

I'm not at the park. But I can see from my email that Ryan Freel is starting at second base. It's the first time since July 5 of last year.

From the e-mailers and posters, I can say that Jerry Narron is officially on the hot seat -- at least as far as fans are concerned. Bob Castellini doesn't e-mail or post on the blog, so I can't say for sure if Narron is actually in any danger. But I can say that Castellini is not overly patient. If he views the Reds' failures as Narron's fault, something could happen.

While I don't think Narron is blameless, I think the problem is bullpen. The Reds have no closer. So the eighth inning guys are pitching in the ninth, seventh inning guys are pitching eighth, and so on. With good relief pitching, the Reds win two of three in Houston and the first two with Colorado. Instead, they're on four-game losing streak, and fans want someone fired.

Five games are left on this homestand. The Reds better win at least three or them or that hot seat will get a lot hotter.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Narron officially on the "hot seat."

Woah.

Didn't expect to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Woah.

Didn't expect to hear that.
    Why not, all he said is that the fans want Narron gone. A quick scan of this board will tell you the same thing. Redleg nation is restless and becoming more voracious in its quest for blood.

If something isn't done soon I fear David Alan Grier may kill the weatherman.

Edit: I got that backwards, DAG was the weatherman killed by Will Ferrell.
    Last edited by Joseph; 05-06-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Narron is the skapegoat

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Narron is the skapegoat
    Yep. What's crazy is that I have far fewer problems with Narron's decisions this year as opposed to last year.

Narron is about #10-11 on the list of things wrong with the team. So, yeah, that's scapegoating.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    While I don't think Narron is blameless, I think the problem is bullpen. The Reds have no closer. So the eighth inning guys are pitching in the ninth, seventh inning guys are pitching eighth, and so on. With good relief pitching, the Reds win two of three in Houston and the first two with Colorado. Instead, they're on four-game losing streak, and fans want someone fired.

Even a dim bulb like Fay can see what's wrong with this team.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Haunted by walks

This is an odd definition of "officially." i guess we're all officials now.

It doesn't take a genius to see that if the Reds keep playing like they have been recently, Narron's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Does this mean our whole bullpen is on the hot seat also?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    That would be the more intelligent path to go down. I agree with FCB, Narron is far down the list of reasons for the slow start.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    From the e-mailers and posters, I can say that Jerry Narron is officially on the hot seat -- at least as far as fans are concerned.
    What? You mean to tell me those "internet types" are smart enough to know anything?!!?

Who knows... but if John "stir it up anyway I can" Fay takes e-mails from Common Joes as gospel, then take it with a grain of salt. The good ol' "inside source" might be more believeable, but Fay e-mailers are hardly anything to take as a reason that something is gonna happen. Grain of salt, please....

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    It's easier to fire one person than it is to fire six.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Frankly I don't care if Narron is to blame for the bad start. His ineptitude over his career is reason enough for Reds fans to want another manager.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Perfect Example of why Narron should be fired, on Friday Coffey (for once) was cruising along 1 1/3 innings and they took him out for the lefty-lefty matchup...should have left him in, stop playing situations with the bullpen and go with the hot hand, everytime he brings in someone else from the bullpen the odds of an explosion increase

Honestly, we have Narron to thank for the best offensive player on this team. Not that I think he'll repeat the task of finding such players.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?