Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has a player ever won Rookie of the Year AND MVP Honors the same season?

Has a player ever won Rookie of the Year AND MVP Honors the same season?

Just curious!!

:hamilton:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Has a player ever won Rookie of the Year AND MVP Honors the same season?

Fred Lynn

Hahahah I knew WOY would know!

History repeating itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

How about ROY and comeback player of the year?
    How about ROY, comeback player of the year, and MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Ichiro, 2001

Has a player ever batted 4th in the NL in slugging percentage and batted 7th?
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    only someone in Jerry Narron's lineup

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

One could argue its helping take some pressure off Hamilton and let him see better pitches, since most anyone who can read a box score knows there are two dead outs (Ross & Pitchers Spot) batting behind him.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I don't have a problem where Narron hits Hamilton.
    Remember - he is a rookie and has all the other issues.
    Putting him in a low pressure lineup spot is fine with me.
    Then if he has a good season next year you ask him to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    How about ROY and comeback player of the year?
    How about ROY, comeback player of the year, and MVP?

Since Josh Hamilton has never been a ML player, I don't think he would be eligible for Comeback Player.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Since Josh Hamilton has never been a ML player, I don't think he would be eligible for Comeback Player.
    I believe he was joking.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Caveat and Emperor, I agree with both of you. Actually, I like how Narron for the most part has tried to find lineups that work the best for everyone.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Haunted by walks

That's how amazing he is.

He would share it with hi AL counterpart Chris Denorfia. Whom I am told from the German Genticists that created him, heals very fast and should be ready by August.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Fred Lynn won both i think!

Turn Off Ads?