Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunn = Jerk

Dunn = Jerk

Im watching my sunday night news and theyre interviewing Josh Hamilton about his great day in front of his dad who's all choked up over his son and they ask Dunn what he thinks as he walks by and he goes, "This is Josh's world and we're all living in it." Now I know he's joking but do we need this dip-sheat saying this is front of a camera. What a hog head. If you dont have anything better than that, dont say anything is my moto. Ok back to regularly scheduled programming.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn = Jerk

Wow. I've now heard it all from the Dunn bashers.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Im watching my sunday night news and theyre interviewing Josh Hamilton about his great day in front of his dad who's all choked up over his son and they ask Dunn what he thinks as he walks by and he goes, "This is Josh's world and we're all living in it." Now I know he's joking but do we need this dip-sheat saying this is front of a camera. What a hog head. If you dont have anything better than that, dont say anything is my moto. Ok back to regularly scheduled programming.
    I didn't see it, but just reading it, how is this allegedly down on Josh? I've heard Dunn speak occasionally about Hamilton's comeback and Dunn, in his lowkey Texas style, has always been laudatory and thrilled for Josh. I agree with the other poster that it seems you're nitpicking here.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

This is from the Reds website...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    Hamilton adds to astonishing start
    Rookie outfielder does it all as Reds beat Rockies
    By Jeff Wallner / Special to MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- It seems a new chapter is being written daily in the remarkable and improbable story of Reds outfielder Josh Hamilton.
    Fewer than 24 hours after falling a home run shy of hitting for the cycle, the 26-year-old rookie hit two.

Hamilton's first career multihomer game highlighted the Reds' 9-3 victory over the Rockies before 27,915 fans Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park.

Hamilton, the National League Rookie of the Month for April, batted .429 this week with nine hits, including two home runs, a triple, a double, two walks and a stolen base.

After being away from the game for nearly four years while battling alcohol and drug addiction, Hamilton earned a spot on the Reds' 25-man roster out of Spring Training despite playing just 23 games above Class A.

"Just to be here is a blessing," said Hamilton. "I don't need [drugs] anymore. I have God in my life. A day like today is what makes you love the game. The game's not easy. It's just fun."

Hamilton has eight home runs in 85 at-bats. He leads all NL rookies in batting average (.306), runs (19) and home runs.

"He can be as good as anyone in this game," said Reds manager Jerry Narron. "He enjoys having his life back and being on the field. Having not played for four years, I've been most impressed with his plate discipline."

Reds starter Bronson Arroyo, who admittedly did not have his best stuff Sunday, retired the first nine batters he faced before walking Willy Taveras to begin the fourth inning.

Arroyo (2-2) allowed three earned runs on five hits in 5 2/3 innings. He walked three and fanned seven in earning his second straight victory.

Taveras, trying to advance from first to third base on Troy Tulowitzki's single in the fourth, was thrown out at third on a bullet-like throw from Hamilton.

"That's our MVP over there," said Arroyo, pointing at Hamilton's locker. "He's got a better arm than any of us."

Hamilton, who made a diving catch in Saturday's game, contributed a sliding over-the-shoulder grab in center field in the eighth inning on Sunday.

"I'd rather have good games on defense than offense," said Hamilton. "There were four or five games where I was getting frustrated. I just had to calm myself down. I have to just relax and trust myself and have a good time."

Scott Hatteberg's ground-rule double off Rockies starter Josh Fogg scored Arroyo from second with the Reds' first run. Fogg walked Edwin Encarnacion with the bases loaded to make the score 2-0.

Alex Gonzalez hit his fifth home run of the season in the third to put the Reds ahead, 3-0. Hamilton's two-run opposite-field home run off Fogg made the score 5-0 in the fifth.

Fogg (1-3) allowed five earned runs in five innings to take the loss for Colorado.

It appeared five runs would be enough for Arroyo, but things unraveled just a bit for the right-hander in the sixth.

The Rockies loaded the bases with one out. On the ninth pitch of his at-bat, Todd Helton blooped a single into left field between Adam Dunn and a diving Gonzalez, scoring two runs to make the score 5-2.

"Helton's at-bat really killed me," Arroyo said. "He kept fouling off pitches. The wind pulled that ball into a perfect spot."

Arroyo threw 48 pitches in the sixth. After he walked Brad Hawpe to load the bases with two outs, Narron went to the bullpen.

Right-hander Kirk Saarloos walked pinch-hitter John Mabry to force home Colorado's third run, then he retired Jamey Carroll on a fielder's choice to end the inning.

The Cincinnati bullpen, which has struggled mightily of late, allowed two hits and no earned runs in 3 1/3 innings.

"How 'bout that?" said Narron. "The big thing was Saarloos didn't give in with the bases loaded, and [he] got out of the inning. They're all capable of it."

Ryan Freel, making his first start at second base since July 5, 2006, led off the bottom of the sixth with his first home run of the season on a 3-1 pitch from Rockies reliever Tom Martin, making the score 6-3.

It was Freel's first home run since Sept. 8, 2006. He went 2-for-3 on Sunday with a triple, homer, three walks and three runs scored.

Hamilton hit a solo shot off Alberto Arias with one out in the seventh, giving the Reds a 7-3 lead.

After Jeff Conine added an RBI sacrifice fly in the eighth, Dunn tripled home Encarnacion to close out the scoring.

Freel tripled and scored earlier in the inning, giving the Reds two triples in an inning for the first time since June 29, 2000.

David Weathers pitched 1 1/3 perfect innings to earn his sixth save. It was the first save for the Reds since Weathers closed out a 1-0 victory April 15 at Chicago.

But the story of the day was Hamilton.

With a horde of reporters gathered around his locker, Hamilton traded light-hearted jabs with Dunn from opposite sides of the clubhouse.

"It's Josh Hamilton's world; I'm just trying to live in it," said Dunn.

Jeff Wallner is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 17-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Overreact much, icehole? Gracious.
    Last edited by membengal; 05-07-2007 at 07:23 AM.

Kitty, thanks so much for the context. It really didn't seem in keeping with the way this clubhouse operates.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

With a horde of reporters gathered around his locker, Hamilton traded light-hearted jabs with Dunn from opposite sides of the clubhouse.

"It's Josh Hamilton's world; I'm just trying to live in it," said Dunn.
    Just to be clear... Dunn does not equal jerk. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled Dunn-bashing.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Dunn is NOT a jerk. He is a great leader in our clubhouse.

I have never seen any indication that Dunn is a jerk when representing the Cincinnati Reds. Seems to me that he is a low key, country boy type with a dry, self deprecating sense of humor. I have always heard that his teammates love him.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

ok... so being funny and playing around with teamates is being a jerk now? man....
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

I'd rather listen to Dunn than anyone else on the team. He's naturally witty, and loves playing around.
    Boring interviews are the norm. My eyes glaze over on most interviews. I miss Todd Jones alot. Enjoy Dunn while you have him!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm so glad someone is bringing this up because I've known he's a jerk for a LONG time.

On Monday, February 19, 2007, he said these two words during an interview:

I think
    Sunday, May 07, 2007

Josh Hamilton
    A testament to premeditation, here's what Beelzadunn had to say on Wednesday, June 30, 2004:

is
    Plotting the spread of his clubhouse cancer in the offseason, Idi "Dunn" Amin was overheard saying:

a
    And here's the seventh word of a quote from Wednesday, April 05, 2006

tool
    I "Dunn" know about you guys, but I don't need any more proof of this guy's bad attitude.

Well, nate, I'd say that's pretty damning.

So, has anyone considered the possibility that #8 might actually be Jerry Narron?

Whenever you report a news item you always want to have at least two sources to back that up. Obviously the poster did not do any research into the news item. Thus starting a thread that was a knee jerk reaction to something they saw on the news. Try and understand a concept called context next time.

I also heard dastardly rumors that Dunn cracked a smile after making the final out of the game the other night :runawaycr

Has this man no shame???
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?