Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB Draft to be televised on ESPN!

MLB Draft to be televised on ESPN!

Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Draft to be televised on ESPN!

Orlando?....... maybe I can be the gallery !!! (don't expect much of a crowd)
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I think this paves the way for a drastic draft overhaul in the next couple of years.

With no more draft and follow picks allowed (a short sighted change that has been way overlooked IMO), I don't really see the need for teams to keep picking beyond 30-35, and I really wonder exactly what round will teams start to pass this season.

With the TV coverage - perhaps they can up it in the next year or two to the first three rounds (1st, 1stSupp, 2nd) since the overwhelming majority of major leaguers come from those rounds.

I wouldn't be shocked to see it move to the weekend for a Sat/Sun setup as well. They've already bumped it from Tues/Wed to Thur/Friday without too much of a fight.

Did I miss something? Why are there no more draft and follows? Did that come from the new collective bargaining agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Did I miss something? Why are there no more draft and follows? Did that come from the new collective bargaining agreement?
    It did. There is now a uniform signing date - August 15th, after which all unsigned draft picks go back into the draft for next season. That essentially eliminated all draft & follows - as the current date is Mid to Late May.

When is the draft?
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    When is the draft?
    Thursday June 7th & Friday June 8th

I really wish I got vacation days at my job..... looks like the DVR is going to be in full force and I am just going to have to not listen to the radio or come online until after I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I really wish I got vacation days at my job..... looks like the DVR is going to be in full force and I am just going to have to not listen to the radio or come online until after I watch.
    That's too bad Doug. Draft day around here is probably Reason alone of why it's one of the best baseball sites on the net.

Draft time is when Redszone is at it's best. Hyperbole and all. But I've never met a crew of more informed and dedicated draftnicks in any other baseball community. My favorite time of year. I started two years ago taking a vacation day for Day 1 after I literally spent the entire day on the web for the 2004 draft. Figured I might as well be honest about it.

Yeah, last year was awesome.... despite most of our reactions to some of the picks we made. I will say that its going to be real interesting to try and catch up on all of the reading when I get home Thursday lol.

I also have to work this year on draft day. This will probably be the first draft day I have missed since I started following the draft. I'm now two years removed from high school...school was always out by the time the draft came around so I never missed a draft while in school. Last year I was working on midnight shift and I remember coming in that morning and going to bed at around 8:00 am and getting up at 12:00 to watch the draft. But this year is different. I'm now working a different job and working extremely long hours (67 hours this week in five days...that sucks!) and will have to miss this years draft. I'm trying to come up with a way to get that day off...I've been needing to go to the dentist, so I may take the day off and schedule an early dentist appointment so that I can get home in time for the draft.

Turn Off Ads?