Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Freedom Writers

Freedom Writers

Did anyone else here see this movie? It's been 2 weeks since I got this movie and I still can't get it out of my head. It may be one of the best dramas that I've seen in a few years. I was expecting another Dangerous Minds ripoff, but Freedom Writers was a surprisingly good movie. I've watched it 5 times in the last 2 weeks, and it really is hard to believe that this was a true story. The actors were great, but the biggest thing is that while some of the stories are very sad, you're left with a sense of hope because someone made the world a better place. I can't ever recall watching a movie and wanting to be a better person because of it, but that's what this movie did for me.
    I hate the Cubs!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Freedom Writers

I don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it straight-to-video?

got alil captain in u?

very very good movie saw it and is very moving how a teacher could have an effect on kids in that type of atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it straight-to-video?
    No, it was in theaters back in January.

Here's its imdb.com page: http://imdb.com/title/tt0463998/
    I hate the Cubs!!

I watched it with my 2 daughters over the weekend. I had no idea what it was about and was pleasantly surprised. Unexpectedly good and Hilary Swank was good too.

Also sparked some good conversations with my girls.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?