As a Reds fan, one thing I really hope to start seeing is Great American Ball Park being full on a consistent basis during each Reds game/homestand. Obviously winning and fielding playoff caliber teams are by far the biggest cure for a lackluster and empty stadium, but the Reds' marketing department at least appears to be doing a considerably better job ever since Bob Castellini purchased the team from Carl Lindner, at least in terms of trying to be creative with ticket options available for the fans.

So far this season, I've noticed quite a few Reds ticket promotions that I've never seen or heard of until this season, and some of them are quite interesting and appealing. Unfortunately, some fans may not be able to hear about some of these ticket promotions unless they do a bit of digging through the Reds' web site or happen to be listening to the radio/television when news of the promotions are dropped.

What I've decided to do is create a thread that attempts to tally and summarize each Reds ticket promotion in one place that's easy to find for RZ posters and even RZ guests since the ORG forum is viewable for guests. Just maybe the simple gesture of getting the word out on RZ about all the various ticket promotions can help put a few more butts in the seats on GABP. Right now I'm going to limit this list to promotions where fans can get free and/or discounted tickets rather than list any of the gimmick giveaway items.

Anyhow, if you know of any promotions not listed, by all means please post them! It's very likely I'll miss some of the promotions myself, but just toss them in the thread and I'll be sure to be update this first post.

Seasonal Ticket Promotions
  • Season Ticket Options: Pro-rated season ticket plans are available; see the link for more information.
  • Group Ticket Information
  • 4 for $48 Ticket Program

The Reds are pleased to offer a valuable package for families and fans alike -- back again in 2007: the 4 for $48. Fans can purchase four View Level tickets, four Regular Hot Dogs and four 24-oz. Soft Drinks, all for just $48.

New for 2007 is the ability to upgrade your package! For just $5 more per ticket, you can select Mezzanine seats, and for just $12.50 more per ticket, fans can select Field Box Seats - and still receive the four Regular Hot Dogs and four 24-oz. Soft Drinks.

Great Reds baseball, great value and great fun -- all in one convenient package!

Available for all Monday-Thursday games in advance only at reds.com, the Reds ticket windows and ticket kiosks at Great American Ball Park, and by calling (513) 381-REDS or (877) 647-REDS.

May/June Ticket Promotions
  • Reds/UDF Ticket Offer

The Reds and United Dairy Farmers are proudly partnering to bring you half-price tickets for Reds games in April and May!

For a limited time, visit any Greater Cincinnati, Dayton or Columbus UDF location and you can receive a half-price discount on Reds tickets for your next gas purchase (minimum 8 gallons).

To purchase discounted tickets, click on the "Purchase Tickets" icon on your selected game date. Then, enter the special code printed on your UDF gas receipt in the "Coupon Code" box and click "Continue." Thanks to UDF and the Reds, you can then order half-price tickets! Subject to availability and ticket processing fees do apply.

The promotion is good for games in April and May, excluding April 2 and May 23.

Discount is good on purchases of up to six (6) tickets per game in these seating categories: View Level, Mezzanine and Field Box.
  • BobbleMAYnia: 4 Games for the Price of 3

This package guarantees tickets to the May 23 Bronson Arroyo bobblehead game and the June 13 Aaron Harang bobblehead game. Reds fans can then choose any other two games in May - and only pay for the cost of 3 games! It's like getting a Reds game for free.

It's fun, flexible and affordable - it's BobbleMAYnia!

Available at reds.com, (513) 381-REDS or (877) 647-REDS
  • Half-Price Tickets for Students: Available during all May home games

This is a promotion that I've heard on the radio and have also seen advertised on 1530 Homer's web site.

Student Tickets: Spring has arrived, school is almost out, and the Reds invite students to celebrate in May by showing their school pride and purchasing half-price tickets in May, presented by Pepsi.

Students who present student identification, school t-shirts, caps, jerseys - anything that shows they are students - will receive half-price tickets in all seating categories other than Premium Seating locations.

The half-price student tickets are available only at Great American Ball Park ticket windows in advance and on gameday. Seating is subject to availability and excludes the May 23 Bronson Arroyo bobblehead game. (Courtesy Cincinnati Reds)
    I called the Reds ticket office at 513-765-7400 and inquired about this offer, and the lady on the phone told me that these half-price student tickets must be purchased at the GABP box office and that it is also available on gameday (i.e. you don't have to make a special trip down to the box office in advance of gameday to receive half-price tickets).

There is one caveat which is a bit interesting, and that is the lady on the phone did tell me to make sure to present a student ID to receive the discount. However, the description of the promotion above reads as if anybody wearing any sort of collegiate apparel is also eligible to receive the discount. IIRC, Marty and Thom were discussing this a bit a few nights ago on the radio about any random person being able to wear collegiate gear without necessarily being a student at that university.