Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson gets bumped up.

Thompson gets bumped up.

Thompson headed to Sarasota. He will not be throwing for Dayton tomorrow. Is Jay Bruce next???????
    Last edited by BigRed07; 05-08-2007 at 01:38 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thompson gets bumped up.

Sweet. They might have a tough time not promoting Sean Watson while they're at it. Any word on who replaces him at Dayton?

Nice...
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Does anyone have video of Thompson pitching?

Arneson will return to the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Does anyone have video of Thompson pitching?
    Old video. He's the third one down the list:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/sear...=lastName&sp=T

Where did you see/hear this? It is not in any of the Minor League Transactions for the MWL or the FSL.

This is on the Dragons website. Jamie Arneson will be taking Thompson's place for the Dragons.

http://daytondragons.com/pressbox/pr...article_id=313

Dayton, OH – The Cincinnati Reds have announced the promotion of RHP Daryl Thompson to high-A Sarasota of the Florida State League. Thompson, acquired by the Reds in the July 2006 trade that sent former Dragon Austin Kearns to the Washington Nationals, was nearly perfect for the Dayton Dragons in 2007. Thompson was 5-0 with a 0.96 ERA in five starts and did not allow a run to score for 22.2 consecutive innings from April 9th until May 3rd.

Taking Thompson’s spot on the active roster is LHP Jamie Arneson. Arneson, a 16th round selection in the 2006 First-Year Player Draft, was placed on the disabled list in mid-April with a sore elbow after making just one start for the Dragons. Arneson will be activated today, and will get the starting nod in tonight’s game against the Peoria Chiefs.

Darn, I think I might have to Rep Big Red......
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

It's the right move. He probably showed he had recovered from his injury, and it was time to give him a bump.

Him, Cueto, and Bruce on the same team. Have fun with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Daryl Thompson. Held back in 2006 by health issues, DT gets healthy in 2007 and enemy stickmen pay the price. In limited action he put up a 10.29 K/9 and held opposing hitters to a .214 batting average. Of the 37 balls put into play against Thompson only two were line drives. Yep, the future is so bright he's gotta wear shades.
    My breakout minor leaguer of the year just got a promotion. yay!

Daryl Thompson is listed as the probable starter for tonight's game in Sarasota.

Daryl Thompson gave up six runs -- five earned -- in 3 2/3 innings Wednesday in his debut for Single-A Sarasota.

Both homers he allowed were hit by the rehabbing Jeremy Hermida. Thompson was promoted after going 5-0 with a 0.96 ERA for low Single-A Dayton.

What concerns me about Thompson is that he looks to project as a fly ball pitcher, meaning he better have some darn good stuff if he's going to make it at GAB.

What concerns me was 5 walks last night after having just 2 in his previous 28 innings. I just worry about his shoulder when I see that. Hopefully he was just nervous.

Turn Off Ads?