Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thompson gets bumped up.

Re: Thompson gets bumped up.

A bunch of those pitches were close. Look at the lack of WPs. He was around the plate and when he missed, it was by just a bit. Many thought that he was being squeezed. Overall, he kept his composure and I would think that he'll adapt quickly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks for that Fargo, its good to hear. It sucks so much that for some reason no one covers the FSL like they do the other leagues in the minors.... its real tough to get information about guys down there.

fargo, how are your son and the others doing in EST?
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    fargo, how are your son and the others doing in EST?
    I think it is safe to say that they are looking forward to getting assigned, ANYWHERE. Tzu Kai has pitched very well and Eric's roomie, Robbie Nickols has to be in the same category. Josh Ravin and Terrell Young have shown steady improvement and will be ready. Pointer and Wandless have both looked great when I've been there. Eric has shown improvement and has gained a lot of insight in to what it is going to take. He can still bring it, but like most of these guys, they need the feel of real competition to see where they are. The Coaches seem to be extremely knowledgeable, but I think even they, have some increasing anticipation to move on and up with their guys. One guy who could be a wild-card is Valiquette. He came back ready to go. He has hit 94 in the scrimmages with good control. Still waiting to hear about Milton Loo. The players don't seem to have any idea if he is going to be here before the end of extended spring training.

thanks! i hope for the best for all of them!
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Thompson has improved with each game. I doubt anybody is surprised, he has shown great resilience.
    ERA has gone from 12.9 to 4.8 with only 2 ERs in the last 11 innings.
    Last edited by fargo55; 05-22-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Turn Off Ads?