Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with Joey Votto?

Re: What's the deal with Joey Votto?

Wow, this organization is being ran by dumbasses. Votto to left field to make room for EdE at third? Now who in the hell plays 3B?!? Ryan freakin' Freel? You gotta be kidding me. The outfield is set with Bruce, Dunn, and Hamilton. There is no room for Votto in the outfield. We need Votto at 1B, EdE at 3B, and Dunn, Bruce, and Hamilton in the outfield.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow, this organization is being ran by dumbasses. Votto to left field to make room for EdE at third? Now who in the hell plays 3B?!? Ryan freakin' Freel? You gotta be kidding me. The outfield is set with Bruce, Dunn, and Hamilton. There is no room for Votto in the outfield. We need Votto at 1B, EdE at 3B, and Dunn, Bruce, and Hamilton in the outfield.
    I think you guys are overreacting. Wise was scratched and they are short on outfielders. Im not positive this is right but i figure they think he is better in left then earl snyder. votto can actually run a little. i expect him back at first next game.

A lesson here. Most of the time, we just don't have all the details as fans.

Votto just discovered he has astigmatism in his right eye and has been fitted for contacts.

"It's made a difference," he said. "I absolutely see the ball better."
    http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...22/1002/SPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    All lefties. Bruce, Votto, Hamilton, Dunn, Griffey.

If you look at the Reds as a work in progress, this is why they will need eventually to acquire a middle of the order right handed hitter. I even think the third baseman in A ball , Francisco is it(?), is principally a left handed hitter.

So don't fall in love with all these guys. Somebody will have to be dealt for a major righty bat. (Not Bruce, he stays.)
    Edwin needs to be the player we all know he can be. I'll be absolutely stunned if Bruce, Votto, Hamilton, Dunn, and Griffey are all up here at the same time. I think it'll be Bruce, Votto, and Hamilton with Dunn either traded or not renewed and Griffey traded or not renewed after next year.

I do like the lookings of Bruce, Votto, Hamilton, and Edwin though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

IMO, there is no way Griffey, Dunn, Bruce, Votto, and Hamilton will be on the same team. Either Griffey will be traded or his contract will run out and he will retire or move on to DH in the American League. I happen to believe Dunn will be re-signed and become the Reds leftfielder for a long time, with Hamilton flanking him in center and Jay Bruce in right. Votto should be the 1B and EdE across the diamond at 3B. Phillips, IMO, will be the SS after Gonzo moves on and Valaika will settle in as the 2B. Now we just need to find a good young catcher.

LF Adam Dunn
    CF Josh Hamilton
    RF Jay Bruce
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    SS Brandon Phillips
    2B Chris Valaika
    1B Joey Votto
    C ?

IMO, there is no way Griffey, Dunn, Bruce, Votto, and Hamilton will be on the same team. Either Griffey will be traded or his contract will run out and he will retire or move on to DH in the American League. I happen to believe Dunn will be re-signed and become the Reds leftfielder for a long time, with Hamilton flanking him in center and Jay Bruce in right. Votto should be the 1B and EdE across the diamond at 3B. Phillips, IMO, will be the SS after Gonzo moves on and Valaika will settle in as the 2B. Now we just need to find a good young catcher.

LF Adam Dunn
    CF Josh Hamilton
    RF Jay Bruce
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    SS Brandon Phillips
    2B Chris Valaika
    1B Joey Votto
    C ?
    4 of your 5 big hitters would be lefty. Can you afford to do that?
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Isn't this a family forum? While I don't take offense to this post, many might
    We'll win it all next year...

I take offense from that mooning icon. Such is life. Nothing in OBMs post is the least bit bothersome. Except for the whole Votto to LF thing. THAT's pretty upsetting, even if for just one day. Why? Because it opens up the possiblity that they are considering pulling him away from his natural position. But, whatever.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    If they can hit, they can hit. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I take offense from that mooning icon. Such is life. Nothing in OBMs post is the least bit bothersome.

My fault, I forgot I don't have thousands of posts and "brownie points". My apologies for stating my opinion.
    We'll win it all next year...

What do numbers of posts have to do with it? I was stating my opinion too. Such is life. You are fine fake-mooning people, I am irritated by it. You are upset with OBMs language, I am fine with it. Again, such is life.

Does anyone honestly believe that Dunn's next contract will be easy? I dont. It wouldnt surprise me at all if they just decide not to resign him if they cant trade him. Not saying it'll happen just saying it wouldnt surprise me not one bit.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am with you Icehole, I actually think the Reds shouldnt resign him. Someone is going to pay him 15 million a year. He is not worth that much money, especially on a financially tied down club. I like Dunn, but thats a lot of money to pay to a guy who has a lot of flaws that the guys running the team don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yes because all four can hit.

Yes because all four can hit.
    Naroon would end hitting some of them 7th to slipt up the lefties.

Turn Off Ads?