Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jerry Gil has Tommy John surgery

Jerry Gil has Tommy John surgery

Not that he was being counted on for a lot this year anyway, but he had Tommy John surgery today on his right elbow and will be out 6 months per team press notes. Looks like 2008 will be the earliest we see anything out of him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Jerry Gil has Tommy John surgery

Doc Kremcheck's running a special this spring...
    sorry we're boring

Ol' Gil just can't catch a break.

What are they doing to these guys in ST that makes them have TJ surgery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

That's a more significant surgery for him than for Denorfia. One of Jerry Gil's major league skills is his rocket throwing arm. If his arm becomes just average then there goes one of the ways he can contribute to a major league team.

oh..... that is too bad. Bad enough to lose deno, but this one too. These guys weren't going to be all stars, but they were quality players. I was pretty sure that Gil was being groomed for the Ryan Freel super-sub role. Now, he loses the entire year. Ouch.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

So much for converting him to a pitcher . . .

Turn Off Ads?