Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who replaces Milton?

Who replaces Milton?

This has to be his last start as a red, he gives us zero chance to win a game. So who replaces him? The first guy who jumps out is Bailey but I dont think that is going to happen so soon. So Bobby Livingston or Michael Gosling are our best bets, most likey Livingston, as either would be an upgrade over Milton. Dont bet againt it being Bailey as this team continues to struggle he would be a draw at the ticketgate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who replaces Milton?

IF they do get rid of Milty (and I don't think they will), I think Dumatrait is as good a bet as any. Or a reliever and move Saarloos into the rotation.

Jimmy Haynes is available..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I don't think we can afford to lose Saarloos out of the pen.

I don't think it will be Homer, so Dumatrait or Livingston. My money would be on Livingston, although he's not pitching well in AAA tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I'd go with Livingston right now. When June comes around call up Homer
    Most Vottomatic Player

I think this is all a pipe dream. Milton ain't goin anywhere. What are they gonna do with that $9 million? It's one thing to eat Cormier's salary but not Milton's .
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Posts/Threads like these make me

Once again Milton gives us a STEADY and CONSISTENT performance.

5 innings, 7 hits, 4 runs and K's 4.

His past 5 has been the same.

5 innings, Around 7 hits (High is 10, Low is 3), 4 runs (high 4, low 3) and 3k's a game (high 6, low 1).

He isn't the problem.... He also isn't the soultion but we have to live with it.

Yes, everyone in the WORLD knows he isn't worth 9 million... But we have to deal with that.

Oh by the way, only given up 4 homers this year in 31.1 innings.

You fix our problems, when you fix the pen.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Prediction: Homer comes up very soon. The FO is quickly losing the fan base and a promotion for Bailey will rejuvenate the city.

I really wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think this is all a pipe dream. Milton ain't goin anywhere. What are they gonna do with that $9 million? It's one thing to eat Cormier's salary but not Milton's .
    That isn't why Milton is here. His salary is decreasing by the day to eat.

The reason Milton is here because they don't feel Bailey is ready(awfull krate) and the rest aren't better than Milton. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Posts/Threads like these make me

Once again Milton gives us a STEADY and CONSISTENT performance.

5 innings, 7 hits, 4 runs and K's 4.

His past 5 has been the same.

5 innings, Around 7 hits (High is 10, Low is 3), 4 runs (high 4, low 3) and 3k's a game (high 6, low 1).

He isn't the problem.... He also isn't the soultion but we have to live with it.

Yes, everyone in the WORLD knows he isn't worth 9 million... But we have to deal with that.

Oh by the way, only given up 4 homers this year in 31.1 innings.

You fix our problems, when you fix the pen.

Nobody is saying he is the main problem on this team. But you're not doing an already problematic pen any good when you have a starter who only averages 5 innings a game. His numbers may show for the first 5 or so weeks into the season that he may be "consistant", but his stuff shows that he is a walking time bomb. He has been quite lucky so far in that he hasn't had those games where he couldn't get out of the first few innings because even though he has, he is getting hit hard consistantly.

The Pen has given up 49 runs in 84.1 innings.

That is our WORRY. Not Milton, Not starting pitching... Fix the pen, you fix this team.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

The Pen has given up 49 runs in 84.1 innings.

That is our WORRY. Not Milton, Not starting pitching... Fix the pen, you fix this team.
    How does Loshe,Belisle and Milton create confidence? Sounds like weakness to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Nobody is saying he is the main problem on this team. But you're not doing an already problematic pen any good when you have a starter who only averages 5 innings a game. His numbers may show for the first 5 or so weeks into the season that he may be "consistant", but his stuff shows that he is a walking time bomb. He has been quite lucky so far in that he hasn't had those games where he couldn't get out of the first few innings because even though he has, he is getting hit hard consistantly.
    I'm not buying it.... Untill he goes out and throws like he has the last 2 years... Hit, Hit, Homer. Hit, Homer type of stuff then i'm not going to be worried about it.

Not EVERY starter HAS to go 6/7 innings... Thats Crazy..

I'll take those 5 innings, 7 hits, 4 runs, 3k's from my 5th starter every outing.

Jockstocks Homepage

I'm not buying it.... Untill he goes out and throws like he has the last 2 years... Hit, Hit, Homer. Hit, Homer type of stuff then i'm not going to be worried about it.

Not EVERY starter HAS to go 6/7 innings... Thats Crazy..

I'll take those 5 innings, 7 hits, 4 runs, 3k's from my 5th starter every outing.
    Sure, not every game. But it sure would be nice knowing Milton had a CHANCE to take you that deep. It is pretty much a given that Milton never will. And he's so bad early on that we have to warm-up relievers by the 4th inning and that taxes your bullpen even more.

It's not a matter of if he is going to explode, but a matter of when. Early last season he had a few nice starts and his stuff was decent. Ever since that DL visit, his fastballs have barely topped 85 and his breaking pitches have very little break. He's a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Sure, not every game. But it sure would be nice knowing Milton had a CHANCE to take you that deep. It is pretty much a given that Milton never will. And he's so bad early on that we have to warm-up relievers by the 4th inning and that taxes your bullpen even more.

It's not a matter of if he is going to explode, but a matter of when. Early last season he had a few nice starts and his stuff was decent. Ever since that DL visit, his fastballs have barely topped 85 and his breaking pitches have very little break. He's a disaster waiting to happen.
    I know what you are saying... Personally i've gotten to see 0 of his starts this year... So i'm not going up and down defending the guy...

I get the point....

But Milton RIGHT NOW, at this point in time... Is the LEAST of our worries... Once we fix what we need to fix (pen) then we can move onto other worries...

Jockstocks Homepage

Turn Off Ads?