Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Ruby Denies OJ Simpson Service

Re: Jeff Ruby Denies OJ Simpson Service

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    After telling Simpson to leave, he said the former NFL football star was "classy" about it, rounded up his party and left.
    OJ probably realized that the "real" killer wasn't present, so he picked up and continued his search for the "real" killer in another restaurant, or perhaps, on a golf course.

:

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder if, when O.J. goes to a crowded restaurant, he says, "Man, I'd kill for a table."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

What makes me madder than hell is the fact that his attorney played the race card. Come off it!!!! He wasn't asked to leave because he was black, he was asked to leave because he got away with murder (two in fact) and he's been able to walk free because the idiots on the jury couldn't prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that he did it. BTW, did anyone else notice that the article stated he was found innocent of the killings? He wasn't found innocent, he was found not guilty. Big difference. Thanks the LAPD, the evidence was tainted (not planted as the Dream Team tried to make us all believe) but if he didn't do it, then how do Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson's blood end up in the Ford Explorer???? I'm sorry but after 13 years, I'm still UBER pissed about the whole deal.

Secondly, the last time anyone checked, the restaurant belongs to Jeff Ruby. It's Jeff Ruby's place, therefore, Jeff Ruby can choose to serve or not serve anyone he wants to. You don't like it, get your own restaurant and serve someone you don't like OJ! I also applaud Jeff Ruby for having big enough marbles to tell him without hesitation to hit the bricks!!!! Go Jeff Go!!!!

Julz

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I wonder if, when O.J. goes to a crowded restaurant, he says, "Man, I'd kill for a table."
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I didn't read the posted article, but I did see this story on the news last night.

They interviewed Ruby after the "incident". Apparently, O.J.'s girlfriend raised holy you-know-what. Jeff Ruby looked her in the eye and said "you should be careful... you're blonde and you could be next".
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I didn't read the posted article, but I did see this story on the news last night.

They interviewed Ruby after the "incident". Apparently, O.J.'s girlfriend raised holy you-know-what. Jeff Ruby looked her in the eye and said "you should be careful... you're blonde and you could be next".

I hope he also said, "Don't forget your sunglasses."
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Reminds me of the Onion's "Our Dumb Century" which had an article, "OJ Simpson kills dolphins" and describes how he savagely sliced through the Miami Defense accumulting 235 yards.
    Absolutely unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Also cheap publicity stunt by Ruby.
    If it wasn't, he would have handled it differently, and we never would have heard about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

This just in: Murder is now legal in the state of California.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

3 Time CY Young winner

They only gave him a fork and a spoon so he got mad and left.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    This just in: Murder is now legal in the state of California.
    hehe Norm is the man.

I also see it as a thinly veiled publicity stunt, which seems to have worked.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

What is the legality of what Ruby did....just out of curiousity. I love what happened, but can a restauranteur deny anyone he feels like.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What is the legality of what Ruby did....just out of curiousity. I love what happened, but can a restauranteur deny anyone he feels like.
    As far as I know he can, it's his restaurant. Remember the restaurant owner who denied service to people who did not speak English? Nothing happened to him, nor should it have. This is America, and English is the primary language.

Simpson has no case anyway, shortly after, Michael Jordan came in and was given service.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-09-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd sure as hell be scared to death if I was the waiter serving OJ.

Here's a quote I found from another article. Does anyone see the ironicity (is that a real word) in this story?
    "I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."
    Last edited by DTCromer; 05-09-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Also cheap publicity stunt by Ruby.
    If it wasn't, he would have handled it differently, and we never would have heard about it.
    Ruby should have taken the high road and served OJ. then donate the profits off OJ's meal to a shelter for battered women.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?