Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
I'm going to try the Indianapolis Marathon at the end of October.

I had no idea there was such a thing as synthetic socks, and I'll be interested to find out what body glide is. Thanks for the suggestions.

I gave up drinking pop a couple years ago. I drink about a gallon water a day.

I've thought about raising my goal to 4 hours, but at this point even if I did that I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about 3.5. So even if I made in under 4 I'd still be angry with myself for not making it in 3.5.

Thanks for the suggestions, thank you to everybody.

One other thing any thoughts on training on a treadmill vs. running outside? So far I've done both. I like running outside but there are times when I feel like watching the Reds game or a basketball game while I run.
You're running the Indy one? Good for you. I've set a goal of being in good enough shape to run the Geist Half marathon next year, and maybe I can run the full one next year.

I've found the only problem with treadmills is they tend to be deceiving. I was working out pretty regularly at the Y last winter, and ran anywhere from 30 minutes to 80 minutes on the treadmill. I kept trying to increase my run by one mile at the end of the week. Come April I went out to the Monon and could barely run a mile and a half. So I'd be careful to at least mix in the pavement and would probably recommend it for your long run during the week.