Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW EE to AAA, KEPPINGER UP!!!

WOW EE to AAA, KEPPINGER UP!!!

From John Fay:

Encarnaciuon out; Keppinger in

From the Reds: The Reds today optioned to Louisville 3B Edwin Encarnacion and recalled from Louisville IF Jeff Keppinger (#27).
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WOW EE to AAA, KEPPINGER UP!!!

Deck chairs are being rearranged.

Because EE's two errors last night are the #1 problems facing this team...

Not surprised by that. The upside is maybe Keppinger will do well enough to get Castro a bus ticket.

EE has struggled but the team has much bigger problems.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Panic has set in. I can see no good at all this will do EE by going to AAA at this stage of his career. Also, whatever trade value EE had just went down the toilet. You couldn't get a washed up reliever for him now. Not that we need anymore mind you.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Doesn't shock me....and really shouldn't shock anybody.

It was speculated on all night last night

It's hard to argue with this move. His bat has been ice cold almost from day one and his defense never seems to get any better.

Send him down for a couple weeks, let him work some things out and get hungry and bring him back.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Not surprised by that. The upside is maybe Keppinger will do well enough to get Castro a bus ticket.

EE has struggled but the team has much bigger problems.
    I agree... I believe Keppinger will do well and stick with the team, moving Castro on outta here... Castro gets his first shot today w/ him starting at SS and Gonzo getting the day off...
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

Wrong move to make, might shatter this kids confidence. He played so well in winter ball too. Narron needs to show him the same confidence he shows members of the blowpen every night.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Panic has set in. I can see no good at all this will do EE by going to AAA at this stage of his career. Also, whatever trade value EE had just went down the toilet. You couldn't get a washed up reliever for him now. Not that we need anymore mind you.
    I'm sure the Reds have no concern about decrasing his trade value, as they have no intention of trading him.

And they could get plenty for him right now. With the demotion, lots of teams will inquire.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Wrong move to make, might shatter this kids confidence. He played so well in winter ball too. Narron needs to show him the same confidence he shows members of the blowpen every night.
    this shouldn't shatter his confidence at all, and I don't think it will. Remember when Kearns went down and came back up tearing the cover off the ball, I know that didn't last forever and Kearns and Eddie are two different people with different confidence levels and personalities. However, I feel Edwin will come back up within 2-3 weeks w/ vengeance...

Right move to make. Relieve the pressure. Let him work on his throwing (if he is to stay at third, which I guess he is). Let him get the bat going.

You want him to lose confidence? Let him have another game like last night's in a major league contest. Let him make two more errors in LA or SD.

It's hard to play major league ball, particularly certain tough positions including third. Not everybody succeeds in their first try. There were various ways to handle this, but I agree with this.

Wrong move to make, might shatter this kids confidence.
    I don't worry about that. He hit three balls hard last night and was starting to come around at the plate. What is more likely is he feels like he has been made a scapegoat(with the benching and being sent to AAA) for the teams problems and isn't interested in playing for Narron or the Reds anymore.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I'm pretty surprised by this. It doesn't feel like a move being made logically, but rather one being made to try to appease some angry/disgruntled fans.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

ay-yi-yi -- I smell desperation

Freel every day at 3B? Don't like it.

Freel, Hamilton, Griffey and Dunn playing everyday? They will all need days off now and then.

And.......I'm going to be upset if they trade EdE. This team does not have quality RH bats to spare, and the NL Central is loaded with lefthanded starters. They have Phillips, EdE and that's it, all the way down to Dayton.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Turn Off Ads?