Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Livingston to start Sunday

Livingston to start Sunday

According to 700 WLW Bobby Livingston gets the start Sunday in Los Angeles.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Livingston to start Sunday

Boo

Sounds like you may be on to something. Trent's blog says Narron is saying it's either Livingston or Dumatrait.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

The reds brass has something against giving young guys a shot at the league.I mean Homer is as ready as hes ever going to be and sending EE down was a horrible mistake.Let your young players come up and play so they can work out their problems here.

Who will be sent down or cut to make room for him?

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    The reds brass has something against giving young guys a shot at the league.I mean Homer is as ready as hes ever going to be and sending EE down was a horrible mistake.Let your young players come up and play so they can work out their problems here.
    Could not disagree more on the topic of Homer. The guy still needs to work on his control, and his K numbers have dropped significantly. Why start his clock early when he obviously needs more time to develop?

Can he be stopped?

And Livingston isn't exactly OLD...

Dumatrait is pitching for the Bats right now, so that leaves Livingston and Homer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    We can only hope Stanton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Its also Livingston's turn, so he will be on regular rest, anyone else would have required a pitcher on long or short rest

I think this is a great call, keeps a lefthander in the rotation and a guy who has put up good numbers at AAA and looked good in spring training.

33 Ks to 4 BB is pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I think it will be Salmon sent back down or Santos released. Narron will want to keep two lefties, so Coutlangus and Stanton arent going anywhere. Neither is Weathers, Saarloos or Burton. And he came out and publicly backed Coffey after he blew the game the other night, so I doubt hes going down.

Personally between Santos and Salmon I hope we keep Salmon up here.

I'm still completely boggled by people who are calling for Santos to be released. He's been are best out of the pen, sans Saarloos.

And I'm perfectly alright with leaving Homer down for now, he needs to work a tad on his control, and figure out how to K guys again, I DEFINITELY didn't see that one coming.

People can knock Homer Bailey's supposive lack of control and stikeouts but he's still been pretty unhitable 34.1 innings of work only 20 hits add his 15 walks you have a 1.02 whip. He also has a 3-1 record and a 1.83 era in 6 starts.

Bobby Livingston is 0-3 with a 3.22 era. Yes he has fine control 33 strikeouts and 4 walks in 44.2 innings and 7 starts. But he has been very hitable in 44.2 innings he has allowed 51 basehits and dispite his fine control has a whip of 1.23 which is higher than Homer.

Sorry Homer Bailey may not be striking out as many as we expected but he's still been very unhitable. Knock Homer if you want but seems to me the just turned 21 year old is not exactly struggling to retire AAA hitters.

Update Phil Dumatrait moved to 5-1 with a 1.99 era with tonights 2-1 win Marcus McBeth got his second save with a perfect 9th recording a strikeout he has 1.50 era since joining the Bat 1 run in 6 innings.
    Last edited by indy_dave00; 05-10-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Keep on waiting......
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

got alil captain in u?

very good move give homer few more starts in AAA

Turn Off Ads?