Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Adam Dunn doesn't suck

Re: Maybe Adam Dunn doesn't suck

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'd say if he does that, the anti-Dunn crowd would be pretty small.
    Unless he keeps smiling, of course.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd say if he does that, the anti-Dunn crowd would be pretty small.
    I doubt it. There's still strikeouts and BARISP to fuel the fire.

Yay!

OK, back to actually talking about Adam Dunn instead of talking about people talking about Adam Dunn.

Here's something pretty remarkable -- after 0-2 counts this year, Dunn is OPSing .957!!!

Dunn's OPS history after 0-2 counts:
    2006: .372
    2005: .443
    2004: .318
    2003: .408
    2002: .671
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

OK, back to actually talking about Adam Dunn instead of talking about people talking about Adam Dunn.

Here's something pretty remarkable -- after 0-2 counts this year, Dunn is OPSing .957!!!

Dunn's OPS history after 0-2 counts:
    2006: .372
    2005: .443
    2004: .318
    2003: .408
    2002: .671
    So what is driving that? Increase paitence? Change to swing mechanics? Swinging at more? Swinging at less?

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    So what is driving that? Increase paitence? Change to swing mechanics? Swinging at more? Swinging at less?
    I can remember being taught in little league to "choke up" with two strikes.

Maybe Jacoby is going all Vince Lombardi on him!

Yay!

BABIP luck???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

BABIP luck???
    Well, I was going to say small sample size, but BABIP works too.

From watching Dunn's at bats this year, it seems that he has moved his hands. I'm not sure if they are higher or lower, they just seem to be in a different position than they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Why trade Dunn?

We no longer have Denorfia, so our OF post KGJ needs to be Dunn/Hamilton/Bruce.

Adam Dunn is part of the long term solution in Cincinnati, and not part of the problem.

If Dunn would sign long term at a discount, I'd be strongly for it. Unfortunately, after 08, I think he'll go at $20M/yr which the Reds would be foolish to match. There have also been rumblings he wants to return to Texas.

Depending on how Votto and Stubbs work out, I'd like to see Bruce, Stubbs, and Hamilton in the outfield and Dunn at first base. I think Dunn's best position long term is 1st. He's athletic enough to become a good fielder and he'd be a huge target for EE & other infielders. He could probably save 10-20 overthrows a year. He'd have to learn to scoop the low throws but I see no reason he couldn't.

If both Stubbs and Votto become studs, and the Reds had signed Dunn long term, they'd have a nice problem and great trade bait.
    Last edited by Stingray; 05-11-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Well, I was going to say small sample size, but BABIP works too.
    I was going to suggest "hitting against crappy pitching".

That's always been a favorite of mine.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    If Dunn would sign long term at a discount, I'd be strongly for it. Unfortunately, after 08, I think he'll go at $20M/yr which the Reds would be foolish to match. There have also been rumblings he wants to return to Texas.
    Now this I feel is an over exaggeration. Soriano didn't get $20 mil a year. And though I think Dunn is more valuable than Soriano, They have some similarities (power, weak defenders)

Dunn's next contract will likely be in the same range as Soriano's. The length and overall total might be different, but the rate will be similar.

And what rumblings? It has never been reported that he wants out of Cincinnati.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Now this I feel is an over exaggeration. Soriano didn't get $20 mil a year. And though I think Dunn is more valuable than Soriano, They have some similarities (power, weak defenders)

Dunn's next contract will likely be in the same range as Soriano's. The length and overall total might be different, but the rate will be similar.

And what rumblings? It has never been reported that he wants out of Cincinnati.

I remember a year or so ago, when the Reds were in Houston, he was quoted as saying he'd like to play nearer his home.

As far as contract value is concerned, clearly his value will depend on his performance in the next year and a half. I'm basing my cost estimate on that performance being around his career average and am allowing for further salary inflation in that time.

I remember a year or so ago, when the Reds were in Houston, he was quoted as saying he'd like to play nearer his home.

That was a couple of years ago and after that season he signed the extention.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That was a couple of years ago and after that season he signed the extention.
    Yes, but he wasn't a FA. He'd just become arb eligible.

Yes, but he wasn't a FA. He'd just become arb eligible.

True. But the point was that he didn't have to sign the extention.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?