Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sportscenter on Homer Bailey...

Sportscenter on Homer Bailey...

"He's the next big phenom"...."When he gets here, he's NOT going back" (speaking of coming up from AAA obviously).

Did anyone else catch this on ESPN? I know it's late, but you guys will have a chance to view it in the morning.

Just some food for thought....carry on.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sportscenter on Homer Bailey...

I think he also said that he wouldn't be getting called up anytime soon. Nice to see the Reds get mentioned for something on ESPNY
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

That sounds about right. I'm looking forward to seeing Homer on Sportscenter a lot more.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I saw hit.... would have been nice if they had actually shown him throw a pitch that you could see instead of that horrible camera work that they had... but they pretty much nailed it on the head with what they said.

Seriously I hate SC. Wakefield struck out Frank Thomas and Doug Mirabelli threw out a runner at first.... somehow that was the #9 play of the day. Probably because they wear those jerseys of the Red Sox.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Seriously I hate SC. Wakefield struck out Frank Thomas and Doug Mirabelli threw out a runner at first.... somehow that was the #9 play of the day. Probably because they wear those jerseys of the Red Sox.
    http://deadspin.com/sports/we.re-sho...age-258992.php

Yeah, if you wanna be famous on SC you better be in a Yankees uniform...God I hate that team

A strike em out throw em out at first is a pretty uncommon play. I don't think that was because of the Red Sox.

I just watch Sportscenter when I want to see how the Yankess and Red Sox are doing.

Of course if I wanted to watch Sportscenter for any other reason, I'd still end up watching Sportscenter to see how the Yankess and Red Sox are doing.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

I don't have extended cable anymore. I love those 10 minutes a week when I find ESPN News filling in on Sunday Night on Cox 3 because the LSU- USC softball game ended early. I miss being able to complain about Sportscenter.

Right now, you get more coverage on ESPN if you're a big D1 college football team in spring practice than if you're a small market baseball team playing regular season games.

"Must watch college football...must watch college football...."
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Turn Off Ads?