Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Confessions....

Re: Redszone Confessions....

My second favorite team is the New York Yankees...has been ever since the 1980's. I hate what they've done to baseball, but I still respect the uniform. My dream growing up was that if I couldn't wear the wishbone C someday, I wanted to wear NY on my cap.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I removed a mattress tag once and the police still have not found out.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Worth The Wait

I've cried after Redskins losses before......

and I cried (a little) when the Reds lost the one game playoff to the Mets in 99.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    I take too many showers and I've been known to really like a nice hot bath full of bubbles.
    Me too. but I make my own bubble via Abner's methodology.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I find Katie Couric very attractive.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I consider myself extremely independent and self-sufficient, but in the end I am pretty incapable of taking care of myself. I find things like grocery shopping and timely bill paying and phone call returning extremely difficult for no real reason. I have freak accidents all the time (breaking glass in my hands while washing dishes, running into walls, etc.) and at least one or two nights out of seven I have tobasco sauce for dinner. It's probably dangerous for me to be living by myself, I probably shouldn't be, and it absolutely pains me to admit that.
    I am so there with you. I thought getting married would help alleviate some of my everyday flakiness, but unfortunately my wife is just as bad--if not worse--than I am. Quick, two-line emails remain unresponded to, I buy my lunch at work because I'm too lazy to throw a frozen Stouffer's meal in my bag every morning, and the same damn pile of newspapers has resided in the corner of our living room since what seems to be the Clinton administration.

We both seem to have a problem "getting it together".
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    I find Katie Couric very attractive.
    Now that is just sick!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I rehearse conversations, both before and after they occur. Frequently out loud.

And I just read the previous line out loud to see how it sounded.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Me too. but I make my own bubble via Abner's methodology.
    Unlike GAC and Abner, I like my bubbles and the fragrance of my bubbles to come from a bottle that is purchased at the store. You guys and your bubble making fragrance machines are not right.

I still believe one of the great cinematic masterpieces of all time is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
    I like some musicals - Singing In The Rain is a great flick. Then again, Tommy, A Hard Day's Night, Help! and Yellow Submarine are considered musicals.
    One of the first television shows I ever got on DVD was Greg The Bunny.
    I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
    I still find Reno 911 fresh and funny.
    I watched Family Ties for one reason: My boyhood crush, Tina Yothers.
    I wore a pocket protector and tie in High School. I was considered a nerd - imagine that!
    Not only did I buy the album with Nena's 99 Luftballoons, but I bought their follow up album, It's All In The Game. I considered both masterpieces.
    Even though it is four years old, I still play and love SimCity 4.
    I also still play MVP Baseball 2005.
    And finally, my apartment is a perpetual mess. I have a pile of unwashed cloths next to my bed.

I really dig the theme song from the TV show The Odd Couple.

I miss Richard Hand.

I have kissed Puffy's mirror, too.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I rehearse conversations, both before and after they occur. Frequently out loud..
    I'm right there with you. I rehearse sales calls before I make them, which is normal.

I rehearse difficult conversations I am going to have with friends or acquanitences many times over. Often times playing out many different scenarios.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I've played in tournaments with 15 clubs in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I've played in tournaments with 15 clubs in the bag.

That's just a great big bowlful of wrong.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Richard Dawson is a personal hero of mine.

Any guy who kisses all the girls so he can kiss the ones he wants is a genius.

Turn Off Ads?