Turn Off Ads?

Thread: No shakeup is coming

No shakeup is coming

Per Fay:

Someone asked David Weathers whether Thursday's 9-5 win over the Houston Astros could have a lasting effect, a sort of carryover to build confidence.

"You hope," he said.

That's all they can really do. If they go on the coast and get beat around, Thursday's win will be forgotten before sun-up Saturday. If they play well, hope stays alive.

We shall see. I talked with Wayne Krivsky about Jerry Narron, and I talked with Bob Castellini about Narron and Krivsky. No shakeup is coming. The players they've got right now are going to determine the fate of this season.

Are they good enough to turn it around? We'll know by May 21 is my guess. That's the day they return from the monster, nine-game, 10-day, L.A., San Diego, Cleveland road trip to play our old friend, Jim Bowden's Washington Nationals.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: No shakeup is coming

Castellini/Krivsky wouldn't tell the media if something was, would he?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

That tells you all you need to know. They thought they had a winner going into the season and will stick it out to prove their point. More power to them for sticking to their guns, but as a fan, we get to live with their bullheadedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I would think not.
    And if this team were to absolutely tank on the trip, for instance, I would think some sort of shakeup would be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I would say no. At the news conference when Castellini took over ownership of the ballclub, he said that Dan O'Brien would be running the baseball operations. How long did that last?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?