Turn Off Ads?

Thread: EE & Defense

Threaded View

EE & Defense

I was curious to see how EEís. Freelís , & Castroís defensive stats compared. I got the following material from the Reds website.

Player POS G GS INN TC PO A E DP PB SB CS RF FPCT
    J Castro 3B 6 1 20.1 5 2 2 1 0 -------- 1.77 .800
    EE 3B 29 28 238.2 70 28 36 6 2 --------- 2.41 .914
    R Freel 3B 8 6 53.2 24 12 10 2 0 --------- 3.69 .917

I realize these are very small sample sizes but there are some interesting results. First, EE has been no worse than RF or JC from an error standpoint. Second I was surprised to note RF had a better range factor than EE. That fact completely contradicts what my eyes see. I do attribute that to sample size. The third interesting fact is that EE has only started 80% of the Reds game which does support the concept that EE has been jerked around by Narron and sample size is not an issue here although interpretation may be.

So, based on 07 performance, EE is, at worst, comparable To RF & JC from a fielding standpoint. Although I didnít pull the numbers, I think career numbers show that EE has a far more potent bat than either RF or JC.

It awfully difficult for a fan to measure attitude but at the very least EE didnít pull a Kearns and pout for a few days before he reported to AAA. From what Iíve read, and my own observations, I see no lack of effort. In fact, I think his problem is he tries too hard and gets down when heís not producing. If that is the case, he needs a pat on the back and encouragement rather than public criticism.

Hopefully being optioned will help him but I still feel heís been handled in a clumsy and heavyhanded manner. To make matters worse heís a KEY part of the Reds core because the Reds have no one at Dayton or higher level with anything near his potential.
    Last edited by Stingray; 05-11-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo

Turn Off Ads?