Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: O&A / XM apology

O&A / XM apology

I'm far from being a fan of O&A, but what gives with the XM higher ups and the apology? This is satellite radio, give me a break. Could it be they are afraid of stirring things up for the merger with Sirius?

As long as I have my Howard Stern to listen to everyday, I'm happy, just thought this was silly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070511/...ks_sex_comment

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: O&A / XM apology

Shills!

BABABOOEY

To RIC: dropping ***** all over this thread!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    I'm far from being a fan of O&A, but what gives with the XM higher ups and the apology? This is satellite radio, give me a break. Could it be they are afraid of stirring things up for the merger with Sirius?
    Yes, that's absolutely the reason for the apology. When your company needs the approval of Congress to do a multi-billion dollar deal, there could not be a worse time to be poking hornets nests in Washington DC.
    /r/reds

ZERO POINT ZERO

Heard they're getting fired.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    ZERO POINT ZERO

Heard they're getting fired.
    Really? Fox News has been all day here but I haven't heard that. Then again, I tend to tune it out for the most part.

Should have been more clear: I have only heard that as a RUMOR circulating on some different radio message boards. Nothing concrete.

Should have been more clear: I have only heard that as a RUMOR circulating on some different radio message boards. Nothing concrete.
    Gotcha. It wouldn't surprise me if they got fired though.

Do they want adult content or do they want 'acceptable' content? While it's not my taste, I don't see the big deal. Condi is a public official and thus fair game as I understand it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Do they want adult content or do they want 'acceptable' content? While it's not my taste, I don't see the big deal. Condi is a public official and thus fair game as I understand it.
    I haven't heard anything about it, but this sounds utterly ridiculous to me. If you can have a Campari ad about Jerry Falwell doing his mom, I don't see why any of this is a big deal.

And WilyMo, I know you're a big Howard fan, but I don't see why this is cause for revelry. I would think that, as a fan of someone who has always pushed the limits of radio under the banner of free speech, you would be upset by something like this. If Howard Stern is getting joy out of this, then he is a petty and small person and not the great champion of free speech he claims to be.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

No, I agree Yacht, it's total BS.

Satellite radio is supposed to free from these type of constraints.

Honestly I didn't even know what the whole stink was when I first posted in this thread, I thought it was more b/c of their ratings than what they might have said. Sort of like if Imus hadn't lost his sponsors, he'd still have a job.

Is the fact that they are simulcast on Free FM at all a factor?

I read some of their ratings released recently and they were godawfully bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I haven't heard anything about it, but this sounds utterly ridiculous to me. If you can have a Campari ad about Jerry Falwell doing his mom, I don't see why any of this is a big deal.

And WilyMo, I know you're a big Howard fan, but I don't see why this is cause for revelry. I would think that, as a fan of someone who has always pushed the limits of radio under the banner of free speech, you would be upset by something like this. If Howard Stern is getting joy out of this, then he is a petty and small person and not the great champion of free speech he claims to be.
    Howard Stern has never advocated any DJ being fired for something they have said. He's been fired enough where he thinks its BS. He doesn't like O&A, but he wouldn't call for them to be fired over this.

Now, over their ratings, he will point that out all day and that they should be fired for them, but not for anything they say.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Shills!

BABABOOEY

To RIC: dropping ***** all over this thread!!
    WMR...did you hear the one where the guy was pretending to be Harry Carey...too funny...

Yes! That was a good one.

I love Richard and Sal's prank calls.

Turn Off Ads?