Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A Trade Offered to Me

A Trade Offered to Me

I get:
    Eric Gagne
    Eric Chavez

I give up:
    Mark Teixeira

Teixeira has started pretty bad so far and I haven't even been playing him that often.

I can lose Teixeira and it won't hurt me too bad. I have been using D. Lee as my utility when I play Mark T., so I can move him to 1b and I have Carl Crawford and Jermaine Dye on the bench that I can use as my Util. I have BJ Upton playing 3rd, and I am unsure on how much of an upgrade Chavez could possibly be over him. Upton's started out pretty hot and Chavez has started out pretty slow.

For Closers I have F. Cordero and JJ Putz. I suppose it's possible that Gagne could have a great season, but I don't think it's very likely.

I am leaning toward a no for this deal, I don't think it would hurt me but it may not really help me either.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A Trade Offered to Me

I wouldn't go for it. Teixeira will heat up soon (or come up with some kind of injury). Still, this would be the worst time to give him up. On top of that, Eric Chavez isn't too useful, and the arguments against Gagne are obvious.

No way. Chavez is a waiver-wire caliber player and Texeira is just starting to heat up. IMO Tex is a top 25 player, act accordingly. Gagne is a lower tier closer once you factor in his health.
    Go BLUE!!!

I wouldn't do it either.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Why in the world do you have Crawford on the bench? Name your 3 OF who are better than Crawford. Crawford is a first round talent and should not ride your pine.

Pass.

Chavez might be someone to buy on the cheap, as he has been prone to slow starts, but this deal is lousy. Hang onto Teixeira.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    Why in the world do you have Crawford on the bench? Name your 3 OF who are better than Crawford. Crawford is a first round talent and should not ride your pine.
    Well I had him starting early in the season, but he's not really producing. I picked up Griffey very late in the draft and Bonds somewhat late. Apparently the people in my league didn't want them. So of late I've been starting Bonds, Griff and Dunn and sometimes Josh Hamilton, who I picked up off of waivers.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Look at Teixiera's lifetime OPS by month. It always sucks in April, but gets better as the season goes.

He's already heating it up. By August he's going to be killing it. And he plays in that sand box down in Arlington.

Senor Votto

Bad trade don't do it

Turn Off Ads?