Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Abreu for Francisco Cordero?

Abreu for Francisco Cordero?

My outfield consists of:

Manny Ramirez
    Adam Dunn
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    and Bobby Abreu

If I trade Bobby I can put Griffey in the outfield spot (he's utility right now).

I only have to relief pitchers Jason Isringhausen and Mike Gonzales.

Should I do this trade or not?
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Abreu for Francisco Cordero?

What kind of league? What are the categories? How is your team doing? Need more details...

I think its a good deal because I'm not an Abreu fan. The other owner is probably trying to sell Cordero while his stock his high but thats not too much of an asking price.

I'd trade Abreu for a reliever, but I don't know about Cordero. He's not going to log 60 saves this season -- he'll probably end up with about 45, which means you'll get 30 saves out of him. And he probably won't be as lights-out all year as he has been in April and 1/2 of May. I don't think he'll be as productive as some other relievers. I'd rather have Jenks or Huston Street.

That said, Abreu for Cordero wouldn't be a bad deal at all. I just don't like trading for guys who are performing way over their heads.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

well, without knowing the standings, the type of league, or the cats. it's hard to say. Since you only have Izzy and Gonzalez as RP's, I think you could use Cordero and can afford to give up Abreu. Johnny is pretty much spot on, don't expect Cordero to continue on his current pace. You may want to see what OF's are available on the WW in anticipation of Jr. getting injured.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

It's a basic yahoo league. I'm in 2nd place but 9 games out of first place. The league is head vs head.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?