Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricky Williams tests positive for pot again

Re: Ricky Williams tests positive for pot again

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I realize that marijuana is illegal in this country, but does it affect performance on Sundays? It's easier to become addicted to painkillers or prescription narcotics than it is pot, and you have to believe that as much pain as NFLers go through, there are some guys out there who likely have a problem with a painkiller addiction, which can affect performance, yet you never hear of anyone suspended for that.

I'm not really sure what my point was now, but maybe someone else will read and understand what I was trying to say.
    I've been around and I would definitely say that a player who played high would definitely suffer on the field. It can be argued that the rule is arbitrary because there are plenty of legal substances that can be just as bad, if not worse. However, I've worked with habitual pot smokers and, just from a professional perspective, I wouldn't recommend it for the same reason I wouldn't recommend anyone playing drunk. It really slows reaction and dulls the senses. That's a bit different than someone who needs a few vicodin or a cortisone shot to get onto the field. After the game, well if it weren't illegal, then there's no big deal, as long as they show up to practices and games straight.

As far as addictions go, they're never good, no matter what the substance.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Chuck Bresnahan should get ****-tested on a regular basis b/c I'm almost 100% he was sniffing SOMETHING on a regular basis last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Of course Ricky's problem is that he hasn't tried to hide the fact that he uses pot.
    But he said he quit... at least according to High Times

http://www.hightimes.com/ht/news/con...bid=275&aid=24
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    The rule may be stupid, but not nearly as stupid as Ricky.
    That's my opinion too. I know we're not supposed to talk politics here, but I'm as pro-legalization as they come.

Nonethess, if you can't lay off it for a gazillion dollars, you're an addict. And that's sad, not funny.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Nonethess, if you can't lay off it for a gazillion dollars, you're an addict. And that's sad, not funny.
    Exactly right. When the craving for a "high" is so strong that you're willing to toss away millions of dollars just for playing a sport, the drug has control. It should scare a user when they see people throwing their livelihood away just for the luxury of getting high.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Exactly right. When the craving for a "high" is so strong that you're willing to toss away millions of dollars just for playing a sport, the drug has control. It should scare a user when they see people throwing their livelihood away just for the luxury of getting high.

Of course it hasn't quite come to that point yet. He can still play in the CFL (Cannibas Football League? ) He may not make the money he did in the NFL but he doesn't have to worry about being suspended for smoking pot. He's going to have some difficulty when he gets older and can't play anymore though.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?