Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Todd Walker:Again

Todd Walker:Again

Athletics designated infielder Todd Walker for assignment.

Walker remains worthy of a roster spot, but the A's didn't need him as a backup second baseman and they're better off with Dan Johnson and Jack Cust at first base and DH, respectively. Walker hit just .271/.288/.292 in 48 at-bats.

He can play 3rd base instead of juan castro anyday IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Walker:Again

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan View Post
    Athletics designated infielder Todd Walker for assignment.

Walker remains worthy of a roster spot, but the A's didn't need him as a backup second baseman and they're better off with Dan Johnson and Jack Cust at first base and DH, respectively. Walker hit just .271/.288/.292 in 48 at-bats.

He can play 3rd base instead of juan castro anyday IMO.
    I would rather see Walker here than Castro in a heartbeat. Hmmm...wonder if the A's would consider Walker as the second PTBNL in the Denorfia trade...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I really liked Todd when he was with the Reds, though I know a lot didn't.

He was often featured on the radio after the game, back when they talked to different players each week from Willy's (do they still do that... from Gameday? haven't heard anything about it this year, or last year); he was always personable and seemed to be very level headed.

I also remember reading something (when he was in Boston) about how he loved playing in Cincinnati.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

He's another LH bat not RH and his "D" at 3B will be worse the EE. He'd be a good option for Hatte's role. He's ok as a LH bench bat but only if he takes Castro's spot.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Wayne has some ties to what Todd can do coming up in the Twins organzation and years he spend there with Terry Ryan.

I don't know about this. Walker has bounced around allot over the past couple of seasons. We have many other better options.

Quote Originally Posted by peterose00 View Post
    I don't know about this. Walker has bounced around allot over the past couple of seasons. We have many other better options.
    Then why is Castro starting?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Two words: Jerry Narron

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Two words: Jerry Narron
    I don't think it's that simple. If there are so many better options, you'd have to think that Jerry would want to use them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Well, in Friday night's case it was because Freel was hurling!

If Kessenger was hitting .400 at AAA and it was said on the radio by Narron that Kesseinger would get some starts when Freel couldnt.. so what does he do, plays Castro and even letrs castro make the last out.... and to think Castro was batting after Dunn?? I can imagine the Dodgers coaches going "Thank you Jerry"!!!

Turn Off Ads?