Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5/13/07 Minors Updates

Re: 5/13/07 Minors Updates

Edwin grounds out.

2-5 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think sending him to AAA makes EdE a worse fielder. Unless the fields are worse, which they probably are. He should be fielding the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I don't think sending him to AAA makes EdE a worse fielder. Unless the fields are worse, which they probably are. He should be fielding the same.
    He is fielding the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, you are probably right. Thats why there were 16 teams with over 100 errors last year. It actually is harder than that.
    Obviously for Edwin it is.

But hey, lets just blame it all on Narron. I'm sure Jerry loves it when he makes error after error.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Obviously for Edwin it is.

But hey, lets just blame it all on Narron. I'm sure Jerry loves it when he makes error after error.
    Well you think the kid doesn't feel the pressure when everytime he makes an error he sits for 2 games, or when he gets pulled out of every game after the 7th inning? But then when his counterparts make errors, nothing happens to them. Does Edwin need work on his defense? Without question. The Reds don't make it any easier on him with the way they treat it though.

Chattanooga is winning 8-0 in the 3rd.

Paul Janish is 1-1 with a HR and a HBP. Jay Garthwaite has a 3 run HR. Cody Strait and Ryan Hanigan both have doubles. James Avery has gone 3ip, 1h, 0bb, 2k.

Marland Williams just hit a 3 run HR for the Lookouts who now lead 11-0 after 4 innings.

Chattanooga leads 11-1 after 5.

Avery - 5ip, 3h, 1 unearned run, 0bb, 2k.

Chattanooga is up 11-2 in the 9th

Avery: 7 Innings, 6 Hits, 2 Runs, 1 BB, 2 K
    Asadoorian: 1 Inning, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 1 K

Chattanooga won 11-2

Avery: 7 Innings, 6 Hits, 2 Runs, 1 BB, 2 K
    Asadoorian: 2 Innings, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 2 K
    Garthwaite: 3 for 5 with 2 singles, homerun and 3 RBIs
    Strait: 2 for 4 with a single, double and 1 RBI

I wish they could put a Reds minor league team in Lexington (or at least in the same league so they would visit regularly). Seems a lot more entertaining. I don't get into going out and watching Stros' hands (Legends) though.

Was at the Lookouts game tonight... and the game was much more entertaining than the score would indicate.

It got off to a good start in the 1st when Janish hit a solo homer. It turned ugly when Janish was hit in the face with a pitch in the middle of the seven-run 2nd inning. Janish went down in a heap, and it looked as though he was hurt pretty bad. Turns out he was OK and played the rest of the game.

Two batters after that is when Garthwaite hit a blast that wrapped around the right field foul pole for an obvious three-run homer. The umpire, however, disagreed and called it a foul ball. After a protest from Jayhawk Owens and a conference between the boys in blue, the call was reversed. This sent Smokies manager Pat Listach into a blind rage. He got to leave the game early.

Overall... a nice showing tonight from the Lookouts. Avery looked strong most of the way, but seemed to slow a bit in the 6th and 7th. Garthwaite had a nice day at the plate and 2B Drew Anderson and 3B Luis Bolivar made some pretty stops on the infield.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well you think the kid doesn't feel the pressure when everytime he makes an error he sits for 2 games, or when he gets pulled out of every game after the 7th inning? But then when his counterparts make errors, nothing happens to them. Does Edwin need work on his defense? Without question. The Reds don't make it any easier on him with the way they treat it though.
    Believe me, I along with you and every other Reds fan wants him to succeed. But, it's not the Reds that's holding him back; it's himself. I think he works hard and that's great but without his head in it he won't be able to succeed anywhere.

Anyway, I do think he'll turn it around and be back up soon.

Turn Off Ads?