Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-07 Reds vs Dodgers - JN one ups himself

Re: 5-13-07 Reds vs Dodgers - JN one ups himself

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I wonder if Castro's BA will top the Mendoza line the entire season? That'd be something.
    Even his SLG is below the Mendoza line.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

This lineup is an indictment of Reds' management, both in terms of what was given to Narron and what he is doing with it. I realize a solid lineup is difficult to create with a dearth of decent RH position players. Nevertheless, that dearth of position players should make it easier to spot Keppinger and Hopper on the bench, both of whom make it less necessary for Castro to start. If Narron wanted to play Freel and rest Dunn, he had his choice of Hopper, Keppinger, and Castro. It's like Monty Hall gave him the choice of Door No. 1 and Door No. 2, and he specifically asked for the goat with the bow around his neck that was reserved for the next contestant.

Vin Scully's favorite place to go during the season is Cincinnati.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Conine is OPSing .299 in May.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Jerry Narron is only hurting himself with these awful lineups. More losses=the end of Jerry Narron as Reds manager? Keep it up Jerry, you're only hurting yourself, genius.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Pierre has an OPS of .379 vs. LH pitchers this season, and Garciaparra is at 567. The are hitting 2 and 3.

I've given Wayne Krivsky quite a bit of credit for the recent resurgence in the Reds' farm system. Prospects have been flourishing down in the farm, other guys are forcing themselves to be recognized, and for the first time in ages the Reds seem to have some young talent down in the pipeline.

But what's currently going on at the big league level is starting to get a bit ridiculous. We were losing games earlier in the season to weaker NL teams due to bullpen implosions, but the schedule isn't so kind in the near future. The Dodgers, Padres, and Indians are no joke, and the Reds may be lucky to grab two wins during this road trip if they aren't careful.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

By the way, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

Worst. Lineup. Ever.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I've given Wayne Krivsky quite a bit of credit for the recent resurgence in the Reds' farm system. Prospects have been flourishing down in the farm, other guys are forcing themselves to be recognized, and for the first time in ages the Reds seem to have some young talent down in the pipeline.
    Though to be fair to O'Brien, most of the big-ticket prospects are Binder Boy's.

People can bash Narron all they want...but it is the execution on the players part that is lacking here. Granted Narron doesn't always put the best lineup on the field...but it is up to the players to execute with what we are playing with. For example, the other night we were down 2-0 in the top of the ninth, and we had runners on first and second...and Gonzo popped up a bunt...that was a lack of execution on the players part not Narrons. Another example, intentional walk on the 8th batter to load the bases up for the pitcher...and then Lohse couldn't even pitch strikes to the worse batter on the team...again lack of execution on the players part. Not to mention all the errors we have got in the field this year. It doesn't seem like the team is playing with any energy or compassion at all lately. EE wasn't producing for us and was making errors in the field...so I believe that we sent him down so he could start hitting the ball well in AAA in order to get his confidence back up. Granted I don't agree with Castro playing but I think it was a good idea for now sending EE down. I mean just think, this means that Hamilton and Freel can both play almost every game as long as they keep healthy. All I have to say is the past two days, teams in our division have lost and we have not been able to take advantage of moving up. Today is a must win for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    By the way, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
    Thank you
    Most Vottomatic Player

Dunn is 3-for-5 in his career vs Hendrickson. Small sample size but I think I would rather see Dunn out there as opposed to the worst hitter in baseball (Castro).

Nice bunt BP

16 game hitting streak
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?