Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Bad teams find ways to lose" - I'm fed up!!!

"Bad teams find ways to lose" - I'm fed up!!!

Quoted from the Dodgers TV play by play announcer during the Sunday afternoon game.

Wow, he found a wonderful way to describe the way the Reds are playing. To be honest with you, I'm so fed up with the way the team never finds ways to be consistent and win ballgames. I'm 26 years old and the Reds have done something productive once in my lifetime. I wonder what it's like to be a fan of a team that knows how to win. I don't remember what that feels like. In fact, I'm looking forward to football season and can't wait to walk into Paul Brown Stadium on the Monday Night opener.

Guys like Griffey deserve a championship, the city of Cincinnati deserves a championship...and most of all, the fans of this team NEED to see some kind of positive production from this team. I don't want to point fingers and name blame. I'm going to look at it as a collective effort. Ironically enough though, Junior is healthy and having a great year so far. The team, however, is less than impressive by any means.

Sorry guys, I just had to rant a little.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Grounds_Crew; 05-13-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Bad teams find ways to lose" -

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    Quoted from the Dodgers TV play by play announcer during the Sunday afternoon game.

Wow, he found a wonderful way to describe the way the Reds are playing. To be honest with you, I'm so fed up with the way the team never finds ways to be consistent and win ballgames. I'm 26 years old and the Reds have done something productive once in my lifetime. I wonder what it's like to be a fan of a team that knows how to win. I don't remember what that feels like. In fact, I'm looking forward to football season and can't wait to walk into Paul Brown Stadium on the Monday Night opener.

Guys like Griffey deserve a championship, the city of Cincinnati deserves a championship...and most of all, the fans of this team NEED to see some kind of positive production from this team. I don't want to point fingers and name blame. I'm going to look at it as a collective effort. Ironically enough though, Junior is healthy and having a great year so far. The team, however, is less than impressive by any means.

Carry on.
    That is exactly what I thought when I heard that as well.

When tied after 7 innings, the Reds are 0-5. Wow, impressive.

Lost 9 of last 11.

Lost 8 straight against the Dodgers.

"Jerry Narron is wearing the weight of the World on his shoulders"

When tied after 7 innings, the Reds are 0-5. Wow, impressive.

Lost 9 of last 11.

Lost 8 straight against the Dodgers.

"Jerry Narron is wearing the weight of the World on his shoulders"
    It all points to a bullpen that isn't doing the job.

Re: "Bad teams find ways to lose" - I'm fed up!!!

This is a train wreck. I'm going to cancel my MLB.tv subscription if this keeps up. It's not worth $20/month to see the bullpen blow more games. I know what's going to happen ahead of time.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Scully also had another gem at the end of today's game (paraphrasing)...

"If you can think of a bad thing to happen to a baseball team, it's probably happened to the Cincinnati Reds this year."

Couple a miserable bullpen with some nasty venom from the baseball gods, and you just figured out a way to go on a season-killing losing streak. It's a shame too - basbeall season sux when your team is already out of it in May.

got alil captain in u?

i agree with grounds crew whole heartedly

This team was out of it in December. Some just weren't paying enouigh attention or allowed the Hamilton surprise to influence their thinking too much.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I had hopes this team would compete on the belief that the division would be weak and we had decent pitching. LOL well the brewers are off to a great start and our bullpen is just as horrible as it was 2 years ago.

Looking forward to the trade deadline now. Krivs isnt going to do any trading until the price is at its peak. Hopefully we will get to see some young guys after the AS Break.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Carry on.
    Isn't it funny that the most maligned player on the roster, one Ken Griffey Jr., is carrying this team, batting near .340?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peterose00 View Post
    It all points to a bullpen that isn't doing the job.
    that's an over generalization. pr00. This team has enough problems to fill a few legal pads. Our defense is ad. Our starting pitching has been iffy as of late. Of course, the bullpen is really bad. This is not a very good team with a poor front office and field management that doesn't have the answers.

IOW's, a train wreck.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The Reds have become the Bengals of the 90's decade. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but it sure feels like it, doesnt it?

The front office spent the majority of the offseason putting together a broadcast team and nothing else. That kind of thinking is why we are in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Isn't it funny that the most maligned player on the roster, one Ken Griffey Jr., is carrying this team, batting near .340?
    Sell high...one pulled hammy from Grif and this season does what many think is impossible. It gets worse.

The Reds have become the Bengals of the 90's decade. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but it sure feels like it, doesnt it?
    Nowhere close. The Reds would have to lose 100 games 2 or 3 times in order for it to be THAT bad.

Turn Off Ads?