Turn Off Ads?

Thread: At this point, I want Junior traded... Here's why...

At this point, I want Junior traded... Here's why...

....so that he gets his chance at a ring! He's one of the greatest of all times, and I've been a big fan since he came into the league. In fact, he's my favorite player. It makes the losing hurt even more when you have to think about a guy like him, with such talent...being on such a horrible team.

I hate to say it because I'm selfish and I want him around...I want to see him in the Reds uni' ... but I'd rather see the guy win a championship because he's one of those players that ultimately deserve it.

So, message to Junior: Demand a trade NOW...because you aren't getting a ring here!
    Last edited by Grounds_Crew; 05-13-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: At this point, I want Junior traded... Here's why...

It'd be tough to trade Junior for a myriad of reasons. There's his injury history, his contract, and the fact that he has to approve whoever he is traded to. I'd be very surprised to see Jr. traded, although his value probably hasn't been this high in a long time.

He certainly isn't goint to win one with the Reds. With his hot start and having moved out of CF his value is as high as it will ever be. I would think the Dodgers could use him.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If he's traded, the Reds will have to pay part of his salary because of the risk associated with him. When money goes with him, that negates the best reason to trade him, which is to free up cash for new salaries.

At this point, he might as well stay and finish one of his most productive seasons as a Red.
    /r/reds

From the buisness side of things I dont think Jr can be traded. Aside from a Baily call up this club really has nothing to promote. They have little to sell aside from Jr making a run at 600 this year. Its a shame when you look at it because there are some players on the reds who are putting together some pretty good years so far only to see it washed away in the eight inning night after night.

2 teams that If I was there G.M. would make deal for Junior would be the White Sox, which according to reports that Junior approved an trade couple of years ago and there CF are Brian Anderson and Darin Erstad. The other team would be an homecoming back in Seattle which I can see happening just for sentimental reason back where it all started for Junior.

Jr. played on some darn good teams in Seattle, he's had a pretty good shot at a ring. Jr. wouldn't go back to the PNW, I think that's out of the question.

No need to pay any of his salary since only 1.5 years is left on books...and he is now approaching 600...The Reds might as well get some attention/ticket sales due to his historic HR drive.

I am a huge Griffey fan - so much so, that I have a feeling he is becoming this generation's Ernie Banks, and I do not like that.
    He has, frankly, no chance at getting into the Series with this ballclub. There is way too little at the major league level to put them into contention, and too many "what ifs" in the minors for the Reds to contend any time soon.
    I would love to see Junior go to a contender - but would prefer it be a sure thing, or close. And if he were to agree to a trade, I believe he might agree to it if it were a team with a very good chance of making the playoffs.
    Just as long as it is not the Yankees.

If Griffey was willing to tear up that little ole Reds contract before being shipped off to the Yankees...well then we might have something.

As it stands now, chump-change-market teams like the Reds can't afford players like Griffey and expect to be able to sign anyone else.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Recovering Cubs Fan

The Reds and Junior are stuck with each other.

Turn Off Ads?