Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Managerial Obit for Jerry Narron "Baseball Guy"

WHOOOOOO!

Reds Managerial Obit for Jerry Narron "Baseball Guy"

I am assuming that today was the last straw. I really like Jerry. He is a good man. I think he does not do a half bad job. He can't get across the same things that the managers before him could not. The underachieving seems to be the legacy of our current players. Wayne didn't help by stoking the fan base with the trade that was going to "save" our bullpen. He is in trouble too but the rope is shorter for Jerry. He helped bring us Josh Hamilton, which is a gift that will keep on giving. He was a stickler for fundamentals, but could not get his team to concentrate on them. This may be the sad irony of his managerial stint here. He said it many times and it continues to remain true. Jerry Narron will be forever known to me as a "baseball guy".
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Managerial Obit for Jerry Narron "Baseball Guy"

I don't think Narron will be fired until after SanDiego. There is an off day as the team is coming east to Cleveland. Krivsky can come back to Cincy to make the announcement; the new man can be on the scene in Cleveland for the start of the series there.

I don't necessarily see Castellini following the old model of putting in the bench coach as the interim. That is part of the reason I think Narron gets to twist in the wind for 3 days in SanDiego as it gives them time to line up their new guy and get the Selig stamp of approval for making a "permanent" move.

Would not surprise me to see a trade or at least some serious player shuffling along with the managerial switch.

I'd fire Kriv. He's the one that put this train wreck together.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post

Anyone have a 2 for 1 coupon?

It's just not working, and I'm not sure I can take much more. Although, I probably will because I'm a Cincy fan, and that's just how we roll.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

I'm ready to see someone else besides Narron manage this club. There's just no excuse for starting Juan Castro.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Man Pills

Narron and Kriv are going nowhere. In both senses of the expression.

Quote Originally Posted by flynn78 View Post
    He was a stickler for fundamentals, but could not get his team to concentrate on them. This may be the sad irony of his managerial stint here.
    Hear, hear.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If anyone goes anywhere, Narron would go first.

Narron has no rope left. I think Krivsky still has some rope. The expectations for Krivsky were sky high after his initial success with the Arroyo deal. Through some of his clunkers, he has dramatically lowered expectations, including with his apparent failure to notice the lack of a RH offensive threat in the lineup and his apparent inability to build a bullpen through 10 million moves. Still, Krivsky has done well with the acquistions of Arroyo, Phillips, Hamilton and resigning of Dunn. He deserves some rope. Narron's chief accomplishment is overachieving for half of last season -- an accomplishment that is counterbalanced by the fact that a little softer crash at the end might have won the woefully easy to win Central last year.

The most frusterating thing is, this team isn't young. It's not like I can sit here and try to convince myself we are taking our lumps for the future. The one guy that was taking his lumps is EE, and he got shipped out.

Narron needs to go, and it's that simple. He's a bad manger.

With that being said, it's not all lost. There are some nice pieces up here, and in the minors.

MLB:
    Hamilton
    Phillips
    Arroyo
    Harang

Those 4 guys are studs. Belisle could be a decent starter too. Griffey is going to back gone either this year, or at the latest after next. I'll be shocked if Loshe is here after this year. Dunn is a question. Do we re up him or trade him either this year or next? I still like Billy Bray, but I haven't seen enough of him.

AAA has three huge pieces.
    Edwin
    Votto
    Homer

All 3 guys are close. Edwin is obviously the closest, followed by Joey and Homer. All 3 guys can be BIG parts of the Reds future. McBeth and Salmon are more of questions then answers, but they have the potential to contribute.

AA has some interesting pitchers (like Fisher), but lacks hitting. Medlock is another interesting reliever.

A+ has some real nice pieces, but they won't be here for a few years.
    Obviously Bruce leads the pack. He's a monster. Cueto and Thompson are two very interesting, young pitchers.

Then there's low A who contain the likes of Watson and Stubbs and Valaika.

There's area where we are moving in the right direction, but we're still a long way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I see JN and WK as tied together. I really don't think JN get canned anytime soon.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    I agree, if anyone is getting canned it's the guy who put together a pen from the twilight zone.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I see JN and WK as tied together. I really don't think JN get canned anytime soon.
    If somebody from above forces his hand (BCast) JN will be gone faster then our bullpen can blow a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Turn Off Ads?