Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor...or conjecture.

Trade rumor...or conjecture.

Per mlbtraderumors.com:
    "The Twins would surrender a solid arm - maybe Jesse Crain, Juan Rincon, or Scott Baker - in return for a right-handed hitter. My own speculation: perhaps Wayne Krivsky, looking to stabilize his bullpen, would trade Edwin Encarnacion for Rincon. Rincon has been one of the best setup men in baseball for the past four years. On the other hand, Baker could really flourish in the National League and Kyle Lohse may leave via free agency after the season. Terry Ryan might want a more proven, reliable bat though. Buster Olney throws out Morgan Ensberg's name in his blog today."
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Trade rumor...or conjecture.

I saw that too. You'd have to think (hope?) that an EE deal would include Baker. Rincon is a solid reliever and would be a good addition, but a middle reliever for a starting 3B? I guess he's done starting position players for middle relievers before. I just don't see it happening.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I'd go for Baker too--Narron would screw up Rincon with his bullpen usage.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I like Baker.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

EE for Rincon. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

While I supported sending EE to Louisville, I'm fully expecting him back up sooner rather than later. If he's going to be traded, we need to replace that back. Freel, Castro and/or Keppinger is merely a stop gap while we wait for Eddie to get back on track. I'm not keen on either of them taking over 3rd full time this season.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I think Rincon is a FA after this year. He's not the answer.

EE needs to stay , as we really have no viable long term answer at third.

Enough dealings with the Twins
    Most Vottomatic Player

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Enough dealings with the Twins
    That's probably reasonable advice. Baker's interesting, but he's still just as good a bet to fail. I'd keep Encarnacion.

Ryan Freel to the Twins would suit me fine if it meant keeping EdE.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I think Rincon is a FA after this year. He's not the answer.

EE needs to stay , as we really have no viable long term answer at third.
    Claiming that EE is a long-term answer at 3B is pretty questionable in itself at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Claiming that EE is a long-term answer at 3B is pretty questionable in itself at this point.
    agree.

we'll have to see how the rest of 2007 plays out before pencilling EE in at 3B for the future.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Well he's going to be cheap for awhile, and other than his slump to start the season he projects to be at least average there even if his defense continues to stink. That's not fantastic, but as long as he's given a chance he should provide what this small market team needs. Dealing him off for a FA to be is surely not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Dealing him off for a FA to be is surely not the answer.
    Agreed. No way am I advocating trading EE for a player who will only be here for a 3 month period.

Rincon isn't a free agent after this season, he still has one more year of arbitration.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Turn Off Ads?