Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Brad Salmon

Trade Brad Salmon

Got this off of the Red's web page
    "Salmon did fine while he was here," said Reds manager Jerry Narron. "He has a good arm and good movement. That cutter he has can be as good a pitch as any in baseball when it is working."
    Salmon made four relief appearances for Cincinnati since being called up on April 28. He pitched 4 2/3 innings and struck out five hitters. The right-hander heads back to Louisville with a 3.86 ERA.
    With Rule 5 Draft pick Jared Burton on the roster, and several relievers close to returning from stints on the disabled list, Salmon essentially became the victim of a numbers game.
    "With Livingston coming up, and [Bill] Bray and Eddie [Guardado] coming back soon, there was just no room for him," said Narron.

"Did Fine?"
    He gave up 1 hit in 4 2/3 innings
    yes I admit it was a dinger, but the starting pitcher threw the same pitch to the same guy the next day with the same result.

So, if "there was just no room for him," why not do both he and the club a big favor and trade him.

Oh, we have so many talented players at all positions and will have a great pen and starters in a few weeks we don't need any help, so just keep him?

Trade him for some $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Set him free Mr. Narron.
    Obviously you do not appreciate him.
    1. Look at last Sept. stats when he was lites out in Lville.
    No reason to bring him up then, heck he might get so valuable and much
    needed ML experience.
    Yes, you did add him to the 40 man, but in retrospect, wasn't that just a move to keep him out of the Rule 5 draft and out of Chicago?
    2. So, ST, what do you do? Bring in a gaggle of geriatrics and then send him back down to AAA so
    1. you don't have to pay him
    2. "he can keep sharp, because we don't have enough slots for him
    to pitch anymore in ST" (jr)

WHY IS MR. NARRON KEEPING HIM?

Today, I personally am asking Mr. Narron to Free Brad.
    All of you on board who believe in equality, opportunity and "doing the right thing" and invited to join me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Brad Salmon

I'm tired of these trade threads. Trade Dunn, trade Junior, trade Edwin, no trade Salmon. That's just me though.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I doubt there would be much return for Salmon. Might as well keep him.

You can't trade everyone. Louisville fans deserve to see good baseball too!

IOW, you need people available at the MiL level if/when someone on the ML roster is injured, ineffective, dealt, etc.

If Salmon is one of the best relief candidates that the Reds have, I think he will be back as soon as they find a place for him.
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

He deserves better than this. IMHO he has earned the right to be on the 25 man squad of any number of MLB teams.

He should have been left up to begin with.

There is a big difference between the ball used in the Majors and the Minor League ball. If you don't believe me, just go back and see that last year during his Minor League warm up, the Great Roger Clemens requested and got MLB approval to use the Major League ball in all of the minor league games he pitched in before joining the Astros.

From watching him pitch in LA, it looked like Brad was getting a better grip and adjusting better to the different ball.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    You can't trade everyone. Louisville fans deserve to see good baseball too!

IOW, you need people available at the MiL level if/when someone on the ML roster is injured, ineffective, dealt, etc.

If Salmon is one of the best relief candidates that the Reds have, I think he will be back as soon as they find a place for him.
    The way this pen is going there ought to be extra places for him.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Its amazing how bad the bullpen has been lately that they have yet to promote from within. With each loss and each blown bull pen performance the reds lose more and more fan support especially as the season goes on.

You will receive no return for a guy you sent to the minors because your excuse is that you have no room.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

You've got it wrong. The answer is to trade Santos and Stanton. Then move Salmon back on board.

My point was meant to be, that the organization has little and has shown even less respect for the man.

He deserves to be with a team that will appreciate his talents and us him.

It is my understanding that would he have not been placed on the 40 man there were more than a couple teams that were very interested in picking him up in the Rule 5 draft.

If this had happened, he surely would have spent a lot more of April and May at the show, which has not been the case with the Reds.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIndicator View Post
    My point was meant to be, that the organization has little and has shown even less respect for the man.

He deserves to be with a team that will appreciate his talents and us him.

It is my understanding that would he have not been placed on the 40 man there were more than a couple teams that were very interested in picking him up in the Rule 5 draft.

If this had happened, he surely would have spent a lot more of April and May at the show, which has not been the case with the Reds.
    Well obviously, seeing as how rule V draftees have to stay on the ML roster all year, or else be offered back to the original team.

I think you're making this to be a much bigger deal than it actually is. I doubt Salmon sees this is as some lack of respect of the evil organization that doesn't apreciate his talents. In fact, if anything he's probably appreciative of the opportunity to pitch in the bigs with the almost certain likelihood he'll be back up here pitching again in the near future. This was all about a very young pitcher having options left. It has nothing to do with a complete lack of respect for Brad Salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIndicator View Post
    FWIW, I got that.

And I agree.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

"Salmon did fine while he was here," said Reds manager Jerry Narron. "He has a good arm and good movement. That cutter he has can be as good a pitch as any in baseball when it is working."
    "With Livingston coming up, and [Bill] Bray and Eddie [Guardado] coming back soon, there was just no room for him," said Narron.
    Wow. Our manager and GM sound dumber and dumber everyday. If Salmon is doing fine, then there is room for him. Stanton, Coffey, and Saarloos all have ERAs north of 5. If you have a reliever doing fine, you keep him up here. They are few and far between.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

Guardado? The dudes coming off TJ surgery and it older than my grandfather

I am not the biggest Salmon fan in the world, but the dude deserves a long stint. He just hasn't been disrespected, but outright a insult on his talent.

If you believe that, I have a bridge you should buy

"Make room for Livingston?"
    the guy did not even get all of this stuff unpacked before he was sent back to Lville. Heck, maybe he was smart and just packe a toothbrush

OH, newsflash, relief pitcher called up
    Salmon, No, McBeth

As I said early and will stand by it. No respect for the man.
    Yes, he has options, but that is no reason not to keep him moving back and forth.
    to paraphase that funny cellphone ad,
    "And what did Brad get? BRAD GOT HOSED"

Turn Off Ads?