Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Girardi anyone?

Re: Joe Girardi anyone?

The manager is the boss. I dont care if you like it or not, just play for him. Narron is the boss but wants to be the player's friend. Look how well that has worked for him. I kinda liked the no facial hair policy that the reds used to have. Kind of made them more clean cut than most the rest of the teams.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Girardi? Sure, why not. Assuming Narron is going to be fired of course. I'd probably only give him a 2 year contract, since Cast and him (I don't know, is it him or he, I'd hate to make a grammer mistake and be publicly corrected by the English teacher here on this thread...)

....anyway, since Girardi will be at war with Cast after the first year, and will need to be fired, I'd probably go with a one or two year contract.

As for the discipline, maybe that's just what this team needs. They seem to be a little soft to me, backing down from most challenges, crumping during times of stress and pressure. Sensitive types like EE will need to develop a little thicker skin if Mr. Girardi is their manager.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by windycitybuck View Post
    i'm so tired of this... what is this "him and griffey" crap?!? it's "he and griffey" LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH FOR GOD"S SAKE!!
    that's helpful...btw, shouldn't you capitalize "Griffey?"
    sorry we're boring

I would take Girardi in a heartbeat. He has to better than Narron.

Quote Originally Posted by windycitybuck View Post
    i'm so tired of this... what is this "him and griffey" crap?!? it's "he and griffey" LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH FOR GOD"S SAKE!!
    Ah oh, no rep points for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    I would take Girardi in a heartbeat. He has to better than Narron.
    I thought the same thing when Miley was hired after Bob Buffoon. Can't be worse, right?

I thought the same thing when Narron was hired after Miley. Can't be worse, right?

Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it...or something like that.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Girardi? Sure, why not. Assuming Narron is going to be fired of course. I'd probably only give him a 2 year contract, since Cast and him (I don't know, is it him or he, I'd hate to make a grammer mistake and be publicly corrected by the English teacher here on this thread...)

....anyway, since Girardi will be at war with Cast after the first year, and will need to be fired, I'd probably go with a one or two year contract.

As for the discipline, maybe that's just what this team needs. They seem to be a little soft to me, backing down from most challenges, crumping during times of stress and pressure. Sensitive types like EE will need to develop a little thicker skin if Mr. Girardi is their manager.
    Just because Girardi didn't get along with Marlin's ownership, doesn't mean he wouldn't get along with Catellini....

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I thought the same thing when Miley was hired after Bob Buffoon. Can't be worse, right?

I thought the same thing when Narron was hired after Miley. Can't be worse, right?

Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it...or something like that.
    Miley and Boone were never won a Manger of the Year award....

I think Girardi IS better than these 3 guys who will never manage in Major League Baseball again.

The title of this thread intrigues me. Do you want him to manage or catch? He would probably be an improvement in either area.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The title of this thread intrigues me. Do you want him to manage or catch? He would probably be an improvement in either area.
    sorry we're boring

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Just because Girardi didn't get along with Marlin's ownership, doesn't mean he wouldn't get along with Catellini....
    Is Bob big on backtalk and vulgarity?

If the next manager is destined to be a loudmouth disciplinarian, I'd rather see the Reds bring in Buck Showalter.

Someone should ask Marty for his opinion on that idea during the next Banana Phone segment.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Is Bob big on backtalk and vulgarity?

If the next manager is destined to be a loudmouth disciplinarian, I'd rather see the Reds bring in Buck Showalter.

Someone should ask Marty for his opinion on that idea during the next Banana Phone segment.
    That'd go over well with Marty and Thom

Maybe Girardi learned something from the Marlin's job and would show his boss more respect. As far as in the clubhouse, Joe wouldn't tolerate the crap that we are seeing now...nor would he he care who you are or how much money you make when it comes to doing the things he wants....

This team needs a guy like that....these laid back "baseball guys" have gotten this team nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post

The last thing the Reds need is Buck Showalter managing them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoWhiteSox View Post
    The last thing the Reds need is Buck Showalter managing them.
    Marty Brennaman would resign the day Buck was hired.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Barry Larkin anyone?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?