Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Maddux...

Greg Maddux...

did anyone else get tired of hearing the Greg Maddux show during the broadcast? i mean honestly, it was ridiculous. He is basically all they talked about the entire game. I just wondered if anyone else was as annoyed by that as I was, i'm sure the game didn't help the agitation factor as well.
    Last edited by mroby85; 05-15-2007 at 12:45 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Greg Maddux...

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    did anyone else get tired our hearing the Greg Maddux show during the broadcast? i mean honestly, it was ridiculous. I just wondered if anyone else was as annoyed by that as I was, i'm sure the game didn't help the agitation factor as well.
    Normally, I would be. But there wasn't much else to talk about. I mean the guy had a perfect-game going for half the game, and the Reds didn't do much the other half.

I think Maddux it is a pleasure to watch pitch and that as Screwball said, there wasn't a lot else going on.
    School's out. What did you expect?

i didn't watch, but if our broadcasters were gushing over an opposing team's player, it must have been Grande and Welsh. Am I wrong?

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I think Maddux it is a pleasure to watch pitch and that as Screwball said, there wasn't a lot else going on.
    Theres a lot to be said for a fine pitching performance, no matter who it was or who it was against
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    i didn't watch, but if our broadcasters were gushing over an opposing team's player, it must have been Grande and Welsh.
    Yeah, it was. I would have given ya only one guess though

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    did anyone else get tired of hearing the Greg Maddux show during the broadcast? i mean honestly, it was ridiculous. He is basically all they talked about the entire game. I just wondered if anyone else was as annoyed by that as I was, i'm sure the game didn't help the agitation factor as well.
    Blame the Reds.

If they had hit him, they may have talked about them.

I am not thrilled at all with the vets we have gotten - but I would have loved it had we gone after Greg Maddox. There are vets (Stanton, Conine, Castro) and there are VETS (Maddox).

Maddux made it clear that he wasn't going anywhere but the West Coast. Maybe if he falls and hits his head he'll agree to come to Cincy though

Pinch Hits

They Reds pitchers should have been sitting around with notebooks scribbling as fast as they could. The man can pitch, field his position and move runners along at the plate.

I am as critical of Grande/Welsh as anyone, but I had absolutely no problem with them talking about "The Maddux Show". The guy is a great pitcher who dominated the Reds last night. It was the story line for last night's game. If they talked about something else, people would have complained as well.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    i didn't watch, but if our broadcasters were gushing over an opposing team's player, it must have been Grande and Welsh. Am I wrong?
    Ah, my wife had a headache and I turned on the ol' mute button. Must have been my lucky day.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

He was about all they had to talk about and be positve. He threw it, we wiffed at it, poped it up or just watched strike three sail on by, hung their poor little heads and walked with their tails up their *(& back to the bench.

If I were calling the game I would have talked about him also.

I love watching Maddux pitch. If I was announcing the game, I would have talked about him most of the time also.

I've watched quite a few of his starts this season, and last night he really had it going. That's the most movement that I've seen from him so far this year. So while I wish the Reds would have gotten to him, he was absolutely filthy last night.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

One of the best pitchers in history was having a superb night. Even if the Reds were 24-15 it would have been all about Maddux last night. Baseball, more than any other sport, isn't all about your team. If you can't appreciate the guys on the side, you're missing half the game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?