Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greg Maddux...

Re: Greg Maddux...

i don't mind them talking about maddux, but this was an ongoing thing for 9 innings. they brought up the same things a million times throughout the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

There's nothing wrong with losign to Greg Maddux. He should be a first ballot hall of famer.

Pinch Hits

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with losign to Greg Maddux. He should be a first ballot hall of famer.
    There isn't ANY doubt about this one... will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch Hits View Post
    There isn't ANY doubt about this one... will be.
    Harang pitched almost as well tonight..and there was no love fest for him. :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I love watching Maddux pitch. If I was announcing the game, I would have talked about him most of the time also.

I've watched quite a few of his starts this season, and last night he really had it going. That's the most movement that I've seen from him so far this year. So while I wish the Reds would have gotten to him, he was absolutely filthy last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    One of the best pitchers in history was having a superb night. Even if the Reds were 24-15 it would have been all about Maddux last night. Baseball, more than any other sport, isn't all about your team. If you can't appreciate the guys on the side, you're missing half the game.

Yeah, it was a masterful performance.

He may be the smartest guy ever to play the game, baseball IQ wise.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

It bothers me a lot more when George talks about good players like they're legends (Edmonds). Maddux is a legend and if George is going to promote the other team's players we won't play another player this year who deserves it as much as Maddux. I always liked Glavine more but Maddux's career is simply amazing, IMO he's the best pitcher of our generation.

Pinch Hits

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    It bothers me a lot more when George talks about good players like they're legends (Edmonds). Maddux is a legend and if George is going to promote the other team's players we won't play another player this year who deserves it as much as Maddux. I always liked Glavine more but Maddux's career is simply amazing, IMO he's the best pitcher of our generation.
    That's a tough call between Clemens and Maddux. Clemens is overpowering, Maddux is smart.

I give the nod to Clemens. Maddox has been a decent pitcher over the past few years while Clemens had been downright nasty, well at least for the 6 innings he pitches a game.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    Harang pitched almost as well tonight..and there was no love fest for him. :thumbdown
    Because he's a Red.

I'll tell you what bothered me about that game,Grande's Zip Zip Zip
    I knew with Maddux on the mound I'd be hearing that all night.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Turn Off Ads?