Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Our lowly beloved Reds

Our lowly beloved Reds

I remember when I would sit and think to myself.Well the Reds arent the best team in MLB but they certainly arent the Royals or Devil Rays,well they are now.This team just doesnt play with any desire to win the games they play in.They go out there flat and seem like they already know they have lost before the game starts.Now is this Narrons fault,of course it is.He is paid to have his players ready to compete on a daily basis and he hasnt done that.If Narron last through the month of May this fan base should call for the entire front offices head.It seems that Mr. Castelini(spelling)knows the game and I am very frustrated that he has let it get this far.Narron isnt the manager thats going to take the Reds to the playoffs,hes already proved that.I hate to say it but a change as to be made now and not later before the season is totally lost.Mr C. please make a change so your fans can have something to look forward to everyday when they come home in the evening wanting to lay back and relax.Now its hard to even watch this team let alone think there going to win on a daily basis.Make it fun again and bring in new manager that these players trust and respect because Narrons defentlly doesnt have there attention.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Our lowly beloved Reds

I don't think there is a manager alive who will get this club jumpstarted at this moment. Let's fire Narron and keep that revolving door to the manager's office spinning - there's the solution. Since Pete Rose was banished from the game, we haven't had a manager that's been here for more than three years, and prior to that, since Sparky was fired after the 1978 season - that's nearly 30 years with thirteen different managers (counting some interims in there). Am I the only person who sees a possible correlation to this club's ongoing struggles in this? I think this lack of managerial stability is eating away at this organization. I hope Krivsky and Castellini avoid the temptation to throw JN to the mob.

Thread title is misleading for me. They're lowly all right, but I don't love this current administration or team one iota. Poorly constructed team and the ones that ARE on the field are playing like a bunch of stiffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Pinch Hits

I, for one, love the Reds. Always have, always will. I do not like the state of our team though. They are lethargic and seem to be zombies currently. Something needs to be done to get things right. I've read many posts about that and I have yet to read anything, or truthfully think of one on my own, to solve it. That doesn't mean I don't love the Reds...

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I don't think there is a manager alive who will get this club jumpstarted at this moment. Let's fire Narron and keep that revolving door to the manager's office spinning - there's the solution. Since Pete Rose was banished from the game, we haven't had a manager that's been here for more than three years, and prior to that, since Sparky was fired after the 1978 season - that's nearly 30 years with thirteen different managers (counting some interims in there). Am I the only person who sees a possible correlation to this club's ongoing struggles in this? I think this lack of managerial stability is eating away at this organization. I hope Krivsky and Castellini avoid the temptation to throw JN to the mob.
    I tend to agree with you and I do kind of like Jerry Narron but I must say he has lost this team and the question is can he get it back? That team is dead. It didn't even look like they were trying last night and the Dodger series was more of the same. This kind of lethargy can't go on all year. A couple weeks ago they were losing by 1 or 2 runs. Now they're completely out of the game by the 6th inning. This isn't a good team but they're a lot better than they're playing.

This team is not this bad. Any team that has the starting pitching that this team has along with players like Griffey, Dunn, Phillips and Hamilton should not be playing below .400 baseball. It all points to one thing and that is leadership. This team would not be this bad if Jim Leyland were the manager. I like Jerry Narron but I just don't think that he can manage this team. We have had good managers in the past since Pete but all of the good ones were run out of town for odd reasons...and losing wasn't one of them. I'm just not sure who can right this ship but I know Jerry cannot.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?