Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm shocked by what I heard on FSN tonight...

I'm shocked by what I heard on FSN tonight...

Did anyone hear Welsh say on tonight's broadcast that he had talked to a few (un-named) players who said the team "takes losing easily"? They "just get dressed, go home and come back the next day." The players Welsh talked to said they were not used to that--that things should be dealt with immediately...

And then, can you believe Krivsky saying to Trent firing Narron is "not on his radar"? The team is a train wreck!

Is Krivsky afraid to have a big personality manager in there who might differ with him on some issues? WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!!?
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm shocked by what I heard on FSN tonight...

i agree...listening to interviews and press opinions the last 10 days, Narron is over here, and most of the team is waaaaaaaaaaaay over on the other side...about where RedsZone is for that matter.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Firing Narron will open Krivsky up to all the heat if the team keeps stinking it up.

"Hey they fired the manager and the team is still bad, maybe it's the GM that's at fault"

Right now Narron is a good buffer, and really Dent probably wouldn't be much different.

Could be that owner Bob may force the firing if this losing keeps up.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    And then, can you believe Krivsky saying to Trent firing Narron is "not on his radar"? The team is a train wreck!

Is Krivsky afraid to have a big personality manager in there who might differ with him on some issues? WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!!?
    Krivsky is not going to say to the media anything other than he supports the manager. Do you really think that he is going to say publicly that making a managerial change "is on his radar?"

I will say that if what Welsh is saying is accurate, then it falls into the lap of the manager and has to be addressed. I've generally been a supporter of Narron, but hearing this really has me questioning my support.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

<trying to compose myself>

I am sympathetic to Narron these days. The GM is the guy who shapes the club and this club is in horrible shape. And with what Welsh said tonight, which is pretty candid coming from a paid Reds employee, it just puts the exclamation point on this whole scenario.

"Give him time."

How much time do we give Wayne Krivsky? Is the club better than when he took over? The answer is no. No matter how you spin it. Winning and losing are the marks of a good team. On that note, and being in last place (how hard is it to say that?) should start more moves than bringing up a rookie relief pitcher and a scrub catcher while your third baseman of the future is sitting in Louisville. No, Eddie is not the end all of success, but it speaks volumes when he is passed over for Chad Moeller.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Narron is a "players manager" if he leaves you will see a huge uproar from Reds players. It's fun to play with no pressure or expectations.

Wayne- sign who you want before you make any changes.

Mix this quote in... Hatteberg after Monday's game:
    "You've got to take losing personal. I don't know if we're doing that. I think you've really got to hate it."

This team needs a shakeup and it must start with firing Narron.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Krivsky is not going to say to the media anything other than he supports the manager. Do you really think that he is going to say publicly that making a managerial change "is on his radar?"
    Please, let's not let reason or logic get in the way of peoples good old fashion cyber-rantings.

People want the FO to take time to find a good manager and don't want Dent just shoved in the role. Yet, they also want Narron fired now which prevents making a good search and ensures Dent will be plugged into the role. Makes total sense, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I will say that if what Welsh is saying is accurate, then it falls into the lap of the manager and has to be addressed. I've generally been a supporter of Narron, but hearing this really has me questioning my support.
    And before folks say "you think Wayne and Narron are perfect and we shouldn't question them" I'll say that I agree with you 100%. Narrons' a flawed manager but he seemed to run a tight ship in the clubhouse. With cracks showing in that armor, there's no reason to have him around.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

People wanted the FO to conduct a search and hire the best candidate THIS PAST OFF-SEASON.

Instead, they'll can Narron, promote Bucky, and hand him a bottom-dollar extension.

Their plan all along?

Seems modus operandi with this organization, and an especially effective way to look like you're doing something proactice while still paying the paltriest salaries for the crappiest managers in Major League Baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Hasn't the "This team takes losing easy" sign been hung around this team's neck long before Narron and Wayne came along?
    This is not to defend them, but kind of a reminder that the more things change, the more they change the same. I am becoming to believe more and more that, in order for this team to truly become successful and to compete, that we need to see an almost total sell off - and and off the field. And, yes, that does include Narron and Wayne. And, it would mean about literally a handful of players would remain on the team in the end.
    It might seem harsh, but the team is spinning its wheels on and off the field. And it has been spinning its wheels for quite a few years now. The losing mentality must be gutted out of this organization, as it has set in quite comfortably now, and seems to affect anyone who comes into contact with it.

When has Narron ever seemed to "run a tight ship?"

I've heard him talk a good game about all his playing the game the right way crap, but every action I've seen from him, from not having a take sign to not taking infield, to playing favorites, SHOWS ME he's a spineless player's manager running anything but a tight ship.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Hasn't the "This team takes losing easy" sign been hung around this team's neck long before Narron and Wayne came along?
    This is not to defend them, but kind of a reminder that the more things change, the more they change the same. I am becoming to believe more and more that, in order for this team to truly become successful and to compete, that we need to see an almost total sell off - and and off the field. And, yes, that does include Narron and Wayne. And, it would mean about literally a handful of players would remain on the team in the end.
    It might seem harsh, but the team is spinning its wheels on and off the field. And it has been spinning its wheels for quite a few years now. The losing mentality must be gutted out of this organization, as it has set in quite comfortably now, and seems to affect anyone who comes into contact with it.
    At least when Casey was still here everybody got a hug after a loss.

Basically Krivsky wants to wait until at least the off-season to fire Narron b/c firing Narron buys him prolly at least an extra season for himself. The longer he holds off on firing Narron the longer he holds that get out of jail free card in his back pocket.

Ideally he'd probably like to wait at least until sometime next season, that way he can appoint an interim, hire someone during the off-season that is his "REAL GUY" () which then means that he's got to be given at least another season--maybe two?--to show what he and his "REAL GUY," working in true tandem, can accomplish.

(btw, those multitude of quotes about he and Naroon being on the same page about EVERYTHING are conveniently forgotten )
    Last edited by WMR; 05-15-2007 at 07:09 AM.

I heard it was all Bob Boone's fault.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Yep, this team needs to be razed such that a good foundation can be laid. They keep building on quicksand.

GL

Turn Off Ads?