Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Jerry Narron goes...

If Jerry Narron goes...

I have a question which I'm sure has been discussed somewhere on here of late and I've just missed the thread. So if someone can just show me the link or else kindly post a reprise I would really appreciate it. Here's my inquiry:

If Jerry Narron were to be fired, do you think Jonny Narron (sp?) would necessarily leave the team, too? And if both of the Narrons were to be done, what kind of support network would that leave for Josh Hamilton? To what extent do you think this should matter in any decisions that BCast and WayKriv make about the future and direction of this team?

So much has been made of Hamilton's NC connections to the Narrons and that built-in support network. As I try to decide for myself how I feel about Narron as the Reds manager, I can't seem to get past this issue concerning Hamilton. I have to think he's part of the future face of this franchise and I think he is an asset that you protect. Can we fire the manager, possibly lose the video coach, and still have a support network for Hamilton?
    "It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come out, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.
    -A. Barlett Giamatti

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If Jerry Narron goes...

In one of the many Josh Hamilton puff pieces, Johnny and/or Jerry was asked this question. The answer given was that they aren't attached at the hip, and that if one if them were dismissed, it wouldn't affect the other.

Whether that's the truth or not is hard to say. I'm sure the circumstances of the dismissal would come into play. For example, Matt and Aaron Boone stayed in the organization for a period of time after their father was dumped, but I'm sure there were hard feelings.
    Makes all the routine posts.

...and if the Narrons' were asked to leave, it gives the opportunity for Hamilton to learn about the cruelties of major league baseball manager firings.

Hopefully, the clubhouse will be able to add support to him.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

If I recall correctly, Aaron Boone remained a Red for only a matter of a very few days after his father was fired. He (Aaron) spoke with Lindner, and then there were conflicting accounts as to whether he had requested to be traded.
    Request or not, he was almost immediately on his way to New York.

Quote Originally Posted by PressBox View Post
    If Jerry Narron were to be fired, do you think Jonny Narron (sp?) would necessarily leave the team, too?

Would you quit your job if your brother got fired from the same place where you worked? Remember, if you quit, you don't draw a paycheck.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Who's to say that if Johnny Narron quits to protest big brothers outster, that we couldn't hire another "Hamilton Babysitter" ?

They have a relationship, and that's a great support network, but I'd hope there's someone else out there besides just Johnny that can help Hamiltion out.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Not to sound overly callous about it but if this type of thing is all it would take to knock Hamilton off the track then he wouldn't have made it anyway, something else would have gotten him sooner or later.

I'm betting his wife and kids are enough to overcome the potential loss of team Narron. At least I hope they would be. I think we'd all like to see JH make it regardless of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    For example, Matt and Aaron Boone stayed in the organization for a period of time after their father was dumped, but I'm sure there were hard feelings.
    Ah, a mention of the worst Single A ballplayer I've ever seen play the game.

Nice.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Worst player ever? Jim Bowden himself said that not only was Matt not acquired because of who is father was, but that Matt might have actually been the key component of the David Espinosa/Brian Moeller trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Worst player ever? Jim Bowden himself said that not only was Matt not acquired because of who is father was, but that Matt might have actually been the key component of the David Espinosa/Brian Moeller trade.

Code:
    Year Team Lg Age Org. Level    G AB  R  H  2B  3B  HR  RBI SB CS BB SO HBP IBB SH  SF DP  AVG OBP SLG OPS 
    2003 Dayton Midw 24 Cin A     55 210 21 41 9   0   2  16   2   0  17 70 2  0   0   1  3 .195 .261 .267 528

Offensively, he was overmatched. Big time. Defensively he seemed like he had the instincts, but it was painful at times to watch.

Jim Bowden, you made a bad deal.

Last edited by Red Leader; 05-17-2007 at 05:27 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I thought Matt Boone would be the next Dave Sax.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I thought he was going to be the next Stephen Larkin.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I wold hope Josh Hamilton's support group is a little bit more than Johnny Narron...

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I thought he was going to be the next Stephen Larkin.
    Craig Griffey?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Craig Griffey?
    Chris Gwynn?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?