Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Some game... / 2 Hits in 12 Innings / Harang complete game?

Merged: Some game... / 2 Hits in 12 Innings / Harang complete game?

Aaron Harang pitched some game last night, eh?

9 innings...7 K's....1 R...not bad.

Sad that Weathers had to pitch 3 innings...Sad that Wells allowed 7 hits and the team only scored one run on him...5 LOB...but the Pads had 5 LOB as well.

Nonetheless, the good guys won!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

2 Hits in 12 Innings

Interesting note from last night's game. A team hasn't been held to just two hits in 12 innings in over 20 years.

From Elias via ESPN
    The Padres were held to just two hits in 12 innings in their 2-1 loss to the Reds. You have to go back more than 20 years to find the last major league team to be held to so few hits in a game that lasted at least 12 innings. On Aug. 26, 1986, the Expos were held to two hits in a 12-inning, 1-0 loss in San Francisco.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2871938

throws 106. NBD.

Re: Merged: Some game... / 2 Hits in 12 Innings

Harang pitched outstanding. If it weren't for the 8th inning curse the Reds seem to have he more than likely would have had a complete game shut out. Harang also usually benefits from a ton of run support, unfortunately they couldn't get him the W last night.

Harang complete game?

did harang get credit for a complete game last night even though no win?
    So long as I breath shall I be a Reds fan, so long as I bleed I will bleed Red

Re: Harang complete game?

no
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Re: Merged: Some game... / 2 Hits in 12 Innings

For all the abuse heaped on him directly (and indirectly due to his simply occupying the title "relief pitcher") Weathers has had a really good year and continues to be the most consistent option down there...my blood pressure is at a "bullpen low" when he pitches...that being said, it probably still is in the "might need medication" range

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

He didn't finish the game, so no.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey4MVP View Post
    did harang get credit for a complete game last night even though no win?
    Whether you win or not has nothing to do if its a complete game.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

He might get a nice pat on the back and an extra beer in the clubhouse from Jerry for sparing the bullpen through 9 but since he didn't go all 12 he can't get a complete game
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Whether you win or not has nothing to do if its a complete game.
    At the same time, you cannot pitch a complete game without getting either a win or a loss. So the two events are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    At the same time, you cannot pitch a complete game without getting either a win or a loss. So the two events are connected.
    Is it still a complete game if you pitch nine innings and are taken out, but the game goes into extra innings?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Is it still a complete game if you pitch nine innings and are taken out, but the game goes into extra innings?
    No.

Haunted by walks

No. He didn't complete the game.

Nope. Have to pitch all innings your team plays.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

On the flip side you do get a complete game if you pitch say 5 innings and the rest are rained out.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?