Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Winning Streak thread...

  1. #1
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Winning Streak thread...

    "We won a balllgame yesterday. We win one today that's two in a row. We win one tomorrow, thats called a winning streak. It has happened before."


    (What movie anyone?)

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    "We won a balllgame yesterday. We win one today that's two in a row. We win one tomorrow, thats called a winning streak. It has happened before."


    (What movie anyone?)

    I got my hat on inside out.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  4. #3
    Member keeganbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,474

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Dont mean to be a downer but I might actually bet against the Reds tonight. Jake Peavy scares me
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

  5. #4
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,918

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    "We won a balllgame yesterday. We win one today that's two in a row. We win one tomorrow, thats called a winning streak. It has happened before."


    (What movie anyone?)
    Major League

    I paraphrased it yesterday in the game thread.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    But we have a strong left handed line up and Bronson pitching. It could be another 2-1 game.

  7. #6
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,290

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    I hate to be a downer but if I was in vegas I think I would put 100 on Peavy to beat the reds. Strike out pitcher against a strike out team.

  8. #7
    Member keeganbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,474

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I hate to be a downer but if I was in vegas I think I would put 100 on Peavy to beat the reds. Strike out pitcher against a strike out team.
    Bodog.com make all your dreams come true.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

  9. #8
    A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dunbar, WV
    Posts
    630

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Dont mean to be a downer but I might actually bet against the Reds tonight. Jake Peavy scares me
    Pete...is that you???
    "I don't want to embarrass any other catcher by comparing him to Johnny Bench."
    Sparky Anderson

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    yes I am betting that Frank Williams and Bill Gullickson will implode

  11. #10
    Member Eric_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    5,041

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    But we have a strong left handed line up and Bronson pitching. It could be another 2-1 game.

    Should have been if they could play some defense.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

  12. #11
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,461

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Whatever each of you did yesterday to make a winning streak happen didn't work. Try something else.

    I chose to listen to this game rather than watch the Spurs game, since the Reds were leading in most of this game and the Spurs were trailing in most of theirs. Silly me.
    /r/reds

  13. #12
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Whatever each of you did yesterday to make a winning streak happen didn't work. Try something else.

    I chose to listen to this game rather than watch the Spurs game, since the Reds were leading in most of this game and the Spurs were trailing in most of theirs. Silly me.
    I am going to watch the first 3 innings in my office and the second 3 innings in the living room. Whichever half they've done best in I'll go back to or stay in that spot, if they were bad in all six innings then I'll watch the last 3 in my bedroom.

  14. #13
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I am going to watch the first 3 innings in my office and the second 3 innings in the living room. Whichever half they've done best in I'll go back to or stay in that spot, if they were bad in all six innings then I'll watch the last 3 in my bedroom.
    I hope you have a lot of rooms with TVs. BY Monday you may need to add on to your house.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  15. #14
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,599

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    I'd settle for one in a row right now.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  16. #15
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,519

    Re: Winning Streak thread...

    I wonder if Pete would bet on this team to win?


    Of course, maybe that's why he got himself in financial trouble :


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25