Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky lands Patrick Patterson

Re: Kentucky lands Patrick Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Where are all the UK fans who thought BG was a terrible hire? I swear, it seemed like no one outside of Lexington ever heard of the guy at the time of the hire.
    I dunno about elsewhere, but everybody on RZ seemed very pleased with the hire and viewed him as the 2nd best candidate after Billy D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Ahhh, the best part of being back, the haters return like when the lights go out in a cockroach infested kitchen.

"We got a recruit! We're back!"

All I'm saying is do something of merit first.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    If by "back" you mean "completely delusional once again", then yes, you're back.
    I mean "back" as in an above-average team again, that recruits talented players, has a bench , wins games you are supposed to win at home, etc.
    will we accomplish all that next year ? doubtful.
    But "back" as in on the right track again.

Like win seven national titles?

A UK bounces back from a down period a heckuva lot faster than 99% of the rest of the college basketball population if the right people are in charge.

Getting this recruit means SO much more in the larger scope of the future of UK basketball and what Billy Gillispie is all about than just successfully recruiting this power forward from West Virginia. Much more.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

We did...we got a recruit !
    That's an accomplishment over the last few years of Tubby ball.

Attention TheBigLebowski!! Time to eat your CROW, please advise chef on preparation

How do you prefer your CROW served, hot, cold, stewed, baked, grilled?

Please let me know and I'll have the cook prepare your feast.

Thanks!

A UK bounces back from a down period a heckuva lot faster than 99% of the rest of the college basketball population if the right people are in charge.

Getting this recruit means SO much more in the larger scope of the future of UK basketball and what Billy Gillispie is all about than just successfully recruiting this power forward from West Virginia. Much more.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Attention TheBigLebowski!! Time to eat your CROW, please advise chef on preparati

Serve me the crow any way you see fit. I'll eat it. Bird is bird.

PP is a fantastic get. Congrats to the Cats.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

What does the past have to do with it?

Patterson is a nice get on the recruiting front, but at the end of the day, it won't mean anything if UK doesn't take steps forward. I think they will in fairly short order, but I've thought that for a while now. Things happen.

Just sayin'...might want to tone down the homerism until something tangible is accomplished.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Re: Attention TheBigLebowski!! Time to eat your CROW, please advise chef on preparati

If I didn't give a Florida fan hell whenever I got the chance, my parents might disown me.

There are a handful of teams in college basketball that can use their past exploits to jump-start their current endeavors. UK is one of those schools. Those 7 national titles represent the type of cache that simply can't be bought.

I have to admit that I'm shocked. Shocked, but very happy.

I thought Patterson wouldn't want to come to a school with a brand new coach.

There are a handful of teams in college basketball that can use their past exploits to jump-start their current endeavors. UK is one of those schools. Those 7 national titles represent the type of cache that simply can't be bought.
    Oh, come on. Don't make it that easy.

You think past tradition doesn't alleviate some of the difficulties of previous struggles? There's a reason why the UK's, the UNC's, and the UCLA's stay good and outlast crappy coaches who oversee the program falling from the top-tier of NCAA teams.

You think past tradition doesn't alleviate some of the difficulties of previous struggles? There's a reason why the UK's, the UNC's, and the UCLA's stay good and outlast crappy coaches who oversee the program falling from the top-tier of NCAA teams.
    I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm just saying it's not a lock. Not even close.

I doubt many UCLA fans were screaming "We're back!" after signing a top recruit and getting Ben Howland. UNC fans probably did with Roy, but he brought a track record of being an elite coach with him.

I don't think I saw any Indiana fans screaming "We're back!" after getting Gordon, either.

Turn Off Ads?