Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tigers Call up Andrew Miller

Tigers Call up Andrew Miller

Bonderman to the DL.

No link yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tigers Call up Andrew Miller

From the blessyouboys.com blog:

Update - 6:55: It looks like Bonderman will be placed on the DL due to that middle-finger blister he has been suffering from. Unfortunate.

For those that enjoy major-league debuts, and have already forgotten about Virgil Vasquez's start on Sunday night -- #1 pick Andrew Miller's first major-league start will come on Friday in Bonderman's place. While I'm looking forward to that, I can't find much positive about seeing another key pitcher on the DL.

Hi, my name is Mr. Krivsky...can IN interest you in Eric Milton?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Hi, my name is Mr. Krivsky...can IN interest you in Eric Milton?
    Hi. I'm Mr Dombrowski. No thanks, we've got at least ten better options in our system that will work for league minimum. This kid Miller for instance is already 3 times the pitcher Milton is when Milton is having a good day.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I love this kid!!!! He is a Tar Heel, and I had the joy of watching him pitch for us for a few great years here, we sur emissed him this season. I really, really wish the Reds had been in a position to draft him, he is going to be a good one. Best of luck to you Drew!!!!!!

anybody have some brief details on this guy? what he throws, how hard, minor league numbers? i'd do it myself but pretty much anything that can be considered fantasy baseball is blocked by company network

Quote Originally Posted by foltza View Post
    anybody have some brief details on this guy? what he throws, how hard, minor league numbers? i'd do it myself but pretty much anything that can be considered fantasy baseball is blocked by company network

Here is a scouting report on Miller:

Andrew Miller is widely regarded as the best pitcher in the 2006 draft which was laden with quality pitchers. His pitches include a mid to upper 90's fastball, and pretty good late breaking slider and a sub par change-up. His developement should progress nicely in the major leagues after he acquires a better change-up and location to his pitches.

Turn Off Ads?