Craig Wilson?

Atlanta Braves
    Gave INF Craig Wilson his unconditional release

Interested?

Career .800+ OPS
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Craig Wilson?

He's essientially a Jeff Conine. Not sure we can use two of them. Wilson has more pop, Conine will probably hit for a higher average.

Yes he would help but he don't pitch and you all know that so don't say (CAN HE PITCH)

Krivsky was blasted by a handful of Redszone experts for obtaining Conine and not Wilson. SOme should show their heads and state if there decisions as arm chair GM would have occured, things would be no better off.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    Krivsky was blasted by a handful of Redszone experts for obtaining Conine and not Wilson. SOme should show their heads and state if there decisions as arm chair GM would have occured, things would be no better off.
    I dont get to watch many games but I saw Conine strike out to end it twice in a week.Thats not saying I wanted Wilson but I sure didnt like the Conine signing.
    Votto could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    I dont get to watch many games but I saw Conine strike out to end it twice in a week.Thats not saying I wanted Wilson but I sure didnt like the Conine signing.
    Votto could do that.
    I've also seen Conine come in twice in a sacrifice situation with a runner on 3B and he delivered with a fly ball both times. He may not be flashy, but he serves the purpose as a good part-time defensive first baseman, he's capable of doing the little things when asked, and he gives the team good at-bats.

He wouldn't be a bad right handed bat off the bench. It would definitely beat carrying three catchers.

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by ED44 View Post
    He wouldn't be a bad right handed bat off the bench. It would definitely beat carrying three catchers.
    wilson can catch some 2 i remember him catching a few games in buco uniform

I don't see where he helps. It looks like the team could use a 3rd baseman or a catcher, but another 1bman/corner of doesn't help.

I sign him now while Harang is out and let him DH all week-end. Send down a catcher when Harang comes back. At least its a RH power threat on the bench.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I think the question mark behind his name in the thread title is pretty apt...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I've also seen Conine come in twice in a sacrifice situation with a runner on 3B and he delivered with a fly ball both times. He may not be flashy, but he serves the purpose as a good part-time defensive first baseman, he's capable of doing the little things when asked, and he gives the team good at-bats.
    Conine is a professional hitter. He's just on the wrong side of his career for what the Reds need from a righty this season....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Conine is a professional hitter. He's just on the wrong side of his career for what the Reds need from a righty this season....
    He's performing though.

If he can catch then sure, we could use a 4th catcher.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    He's performing though.
    The Reds need more than .265/.333/.441 from their big bopping righty...

Turn Off Ads?