Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Hit Man

The Hit Man

Mike Easler is in town with the Vegas 51's to play our beloved Portland Beavers. He's been in their system a couple of years, got promoted up to AAA hitting coach this year.

I grabbed him for a quick hello, really a nice guy. He lit up when I started talking Reds. He said he enjoyed his time with the team, really like Tim Naehring.

Asked who to keep my eyes on with Vegas...has glowing things to say about Matt Kemp.

Asked him the same about the Reds...he really thinks Joey Votto is going to be a stud.

I then asked him what he thought about Josh Hamilton. "the left handed pitcher, right?" he asked. "No, the former #1 pick of the Rays that's battled with drugs and alcohol....picked up by the Reds in rule V and tearing it up" I replied.

"Haven't heard about him" was his reply.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Hit Man

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    "Haven't heard about him" was his reply.

Sounds like he is on drugs. :
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

With Hamilton being out of the spotlight for all that time I can see why Easler never heard of him. He has so many players and pitchers in his mind as a hitting coach he can't really concern himself with someone he hasn't seen.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Haunted by walks

What's Phil Nevin doing these days?

Who's Mike Easler?

On a less serious note, I thought this thread was about Coffey.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    On a less serious note, I thought this thread was about Coffey.
    I was hoping Krivsky discovered that Bret Hart had a mean slider.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Who's Mike Easler?
    I think he's a hitman or something.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?