Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Taking a College Visit tomorrow....

Taking a College Visit tomorrow....

Going to good ol Marshall!!!! I'm really excited about it too. Is there anything that I should be aware of on my drive to Huntington from Columbus? I can't wait to see the beautiful campus!!
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Taking a College Visit tomorrow....

Athens
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    Going to good ol Marshall!!!! I'm really excited about it too. Is there anything that I should be aware of on my drive to Huntington from Columbus? I can't wait to see the beautiful campus!!
    Cops, COps, Cops... and More Cops...

If it says 55, betcha bottom dollar you are going 54.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Athens
    Ohio or Georgia?
    Go Gators!

Enjoy your visit. Marshall is a wonderful school to attend and the people are very friendly. I enjoyed my years there more than I could ever describe.

I second the motion of those above: watch out for cops. There are a ton of speed traps in SE Ohio.

My mom is in a Marshall PhD program. She just took her first class today and seems to like it. She said it's kind of small, though. Don't know if that matters to you or not.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Go to the Sonic in Nelsonville. Dirtiest one on the planet.
    Witty signature.

While you are there I would recommend checking out the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe in downtown Huntington. It is owned by the same guys that run the Buckeye HOF Cafe and has a lot of cool Thundering Herd memorabilia; it will give you a sense of what MU sports are all about and has pretty decent food.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    My mom is in a Marshall PhD program. She just took her first class today and seems to like it. She said it's kind of small, though. Don't know if that matters to you or not.
    I go to a D-6 football school, my school is K-12 in one building, and it was HUGE compaired to it. I loved it! I was offered a $3,500/year Scholarship based on grades alone! It will be around $14K a year now. Maybe I could get more on like a partial football or something, seeing as I'm 6'4" and 298 lbs. And I have pretty decent footwork. I would love to play for them, I plan on attending no matter what! And try walking on if I don't get a scholarship. The campus is awesome! I love the cell phone deal they have now, and the 20:1 student to teacher ratio is awesome! I love the scenery and I really believe that I would fit in just great down there! And can't wait to start in the fall of '08 hopefully!
    Let's make some noise!

Marshall has a great campus. Watch out for the drunks and druggies though they're every where. Some guy tried to sale me weed in Huntington last year.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Marshall has a great campus. Watch out for the drunks and druggies though they're every where. Some guy tried to sale me weed in Huntington last year.
    Will do man. I really liked how compact it was, I like not having to use a car to get to classes cause ill be living hopefully in the commons.
    Let's make some noise!

The new dorms are amazing. If you get to live there, I'm jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    The new dorms are amazing. If you get to live there, I'm jealous!
    They are! They are tearing down the two oldest ones though to make two new ones. I cannot remember the names, I'm thinking one was called Dobb's or something, I'll do some research and find out!
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?