Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Going to Pirates series, Parking question

Going to Pirates series, Parking question

Hello guys, I am going to the Pirates series and I am not from the area. I noticed that there is something called the southbank shuttle service in Covington I could take that would save on parking costs, it states that on
    5th & Bakewell there is free parking where you catch the shuttle and ride to the game... Is this a good way to do it, or does anyone have other suggestions about parking...

Thanks
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Going to Pirates series, Parking question

depends on how many people you have...shuttle is $1/person each way. Might save you a few bucks if you're by yourself, but if you have the family with you its probably more convienent to park on the Ohio side. Waits can be fairly long for the postgame shuttles...they're on mini-buses that fill up fast.

"Official" lots/garages immediately next to GABP are $12; lots next to the bars on 3rd St are $20, and garages from 4th St and up are $2-$10. I usually park in the Proctor & Gamble garage at 6th and Sycamore, it is only $2 and is about a 10 min walk to the stadium.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I have taken that southbank shuttle countless times. Yeah, there is a wait after the game- you just go to the drop-off place and they pick you up there- they send busses until they get everyone. The wait isn't that bad. Are you staying in a Covington hotal? If so, he shuttle stops real close or right in front of all of them except Hampton Inn, and it is not far at all from Holiday Inn where it stops. I think it is Fifth Street where the busses run- there are several signs on the streets for the stops- it stops an Radisson, Courtyard by Marriott, on the river-north side of McDonalds, Holiday Inn, and has several stops east near downtown Covington. It is really convenient and if it doesn't save money, it still is worth it for that convenience. PM me if you want if you have any more questions.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I'm coming down for the Friday, May 25th game. I usually get down there around 4:30-5:00 and park in the Westin parking garage before it gets filled up. It's far cheaper and only a 2-3 block walk to the park.

I'm not from Cincy; but are the "renovations" done to the Fountain Square? I also use to park in that garage, under the Rock Bottom Cafe, which is also quite cheap.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

There's still some construction activity on/around the square itself, but the garage below it is reopened. It has gone cashless/humanless...you have to pay at a kiosk above ground when you return, then insert the ticket they give you to open the gate on the way out. At least, that's how it works during the day...there might be other arrangements on game nights.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm coming down for the Friday, May 25th game. I usually get down there around 4:30-5:00 and park in the Westin parking garage before it gets filled up. It's far cheaper and only a 2-3 block walk to the bar.

I'm not from Cincy; but are the "renovations" done to the Fountain Square? I also use to park in that garage, under the Rock Bottom Cafe, which is also quite cheap.
    I fixed that for you.

They are done with that parking garage but it's $3 to park there on nights and weekends instead of $1. The garage under the Westin is still $1 on nights and weekends.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?