Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Saarloos to Start Sunday; Narron on Extra Practice

Saarloos to Start Sunday; Narron on Extra Practice

Saarloos to start; Jerry on workout

Kirk Saarloos is the Reds' fifth starter for the time being. He'll either start Sunday in Aaron Harang's spot or Tuesday in Eric Milton's. The Reds are expecting Harang to be back for Sunday's game.

Saarloos is happy with the move.

"Any pitcher would be," he said. "I don't think the pitch count matters with me. I did the same thing last year and I threw 104 pitches the frist time out."

Jerry Narron's explanation for the early workout: "Felt like we needed it after a day off. It's a beautiful day in Cleveland . . . "

The session was unprecedented under Narron. The team had not done it once all of last year or this year. Judging from the body language not all the players were happy about. When you lose 12 of 15, you got to do some things differently. In other words, it's a big, old hang with 'em.
    -fay
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saarloos to Start Sunday; Narron on Extra Practice

Judging from the body language not all the players were happy about.
    My feelings are, "Good. I could care less if they aren't happy. They should be even less happy about the way they are playing."
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

WOW! you mean the players actually may have to sweat and work for those millions they make??? Who would have thunk it!!!
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

Me thinks Narron may get himself tossed tonight.

Just a feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm not happy being stuck inside on a beautiful day like today....can I leave?

Noooooo...

got alil captain in u?

i like the idea of saarloos as 5th starter im guessing harang will be back so it'll be miltons spot on tuesday he'll be in

Turn Off Ads?